Chapter 13

Night came by fast and the rain stopped. It was finally time for the whole case to be revealed and Chuuya was the more excited one among the brunette and him. Dazai was still suspicious so he hid many weapons once again when Chuuya wasn't looking. To the ginger, he will finally be able to solve the 'Pure Blood Mystery' case and take a week rest and do nothing. To Dazai, protecting and keeping Chuuya safe was his top priority. He still doesn't know how and who told him to meet him at the abandoned building he was attacked at. He wasn't going to let his guard down this time since Chuuya was weaker now nd hasn't regained his strength quite yet.

As stars decorated the dark blue sky, Dazai was questioning his choice of coming at night. His sense of his sight was affected slightly in the dark so he had to be more alert than ever. Chuuya, noticing the frown on Dazai's face, pat his shoulder in a comforting way which the brunette smiled at.

When both reached the abandoned building, Chuuya groaned at the amount of stairs he had to climb. Dazai just smirked as black smoke engulfed him, Chuuya coughing from the sudden smoke and when he was distracted, he felt his hood become heavier slightly. He tried glancing behind to see what it was, only to be met by two small red eyes. Chuuya screamed in shock as he started running in circles to get the bat out of his hood. That's when the bat flew out of his hood and few in front of Chuuya's face. The ginger still trying to shoo it away. That's when Chuuya had a weird feeling. That smirk on Dazai's face. "Dazai?" Chuuya asked as he stepped a few steps back. Much to his surprise, the bat nodded and went and used his head to rub it gently against Chuuya's cheek. The ginger chuckled as he cupped his hand together for Dazai to land which the bat did willingly "So you can turn into a bat now?" Chuuya smirked at his lover's new trick. The bat merely nodded. "Woah, it would be so much more silent since you can't talk." Chuuya teased as he chuckled. Dazai looked agitated as Chuuya continued laughing. As it flew around Chuuya's head, the ginger stil continued laughing but he after a few seconds, the laughter tempered off, "Sorry...sorry...Come here." Dazai went in front of Chuuya's face as Chuuya picked Dazai gently and placed him in his hood. Dazai just snuggled in the hood, satisfied. As Chuuya started climbing the stairs, he whined, "It's unfair that I'm the one climbing..." He heard the bat squeak behind him. He could imagine Dazai laughing and teasing him as he grumbled. As Chuuya made his way up the daunting stairs, Dazai was just enjoying his trip in Chuuya's hood and keeping a look out for Chuuya in the same time.

It was a silent climb until Dazai squeaked loudly with Chuuya covering his ears while asking what was wrong. That's when Dazai nudged to the left of his hood. Chuuya lifted a brow as he thought about it and moved to the left and just in that moment, a knife flew past Chuuya. The ginger looked front as he reached for the strap of his dagger holder, taking his fighting pose. That's when red eyes pierced through he darkness. Chuuya stood up straight as he glared at the figure. "Why the hell did you throw a knife at me." The figure was heard chuckling as he replied, "Sorry, sorry, I thought you were someone else." As the figure came closer to Chuuya, he asked, "Why are you alone?" The ginger didn't answer as he tensed when he saw the figure come closer to him. That's when Dazai flew out of his hood, using his sharp claw and managed a scratch on the vampire's cheek. Dazai squeaked loudly as the vampire looked in shock. As black smoke engulfed the bat once again, Dazai emerged from the smoke.

Dusting dust off his coat, he gave a glare at the vampire, his eyes red as he stood protectively in front of Chuuya. "Who do you think you are to ask him to come here by himself?" Chuuya behind him was eyes widened as he saw the figure's shocked and surprised face. "You're alive and fine, Osamu..." Dazai continued to glare at the mysterious person as the vampire stepped forward. That's when Dazai lifted a brow, stepping a few steps back. "To see that you can transform into a bat...That's amazing!" The stranger commented as he continued walking forward to the duo in front of him. Dazai stepped a few steps back again, gently pushing Chuuya as well. He was ready to attack at any time. That's when the stranger's red eyes turned into purple ones. Dazai's eyes widened as he stared right at the figure in front of him who he knew oh so well. One more thing to confirm or he would attack.

He sneakily took out one of the scalpels and in one swift action, he threw it at the figure and it was caught between his index and middle finger, "You kept my scalpel? I was finding everywhere for this, so it was with you." The figure smiled lightly and warmly at Dazai who's eyes softened. There was only one person Dazai knew who caught a scalpel like that, "Mori-san..." The brunette looked at Mori ina nostalgic way as the raven-haired opposite of him smiled once again. "That's real formal. Since I'm you father." Dazai face-palmed himself. Chuuya stifled a gasp, he guessed right. Dazai stepped beside Chuuya and chuckled, "Who would've known that the infamous murderer was my own old man." Mori laughed with him, "Who you calling a murderer?" Chuuya gave a weird look as Dazai sighed. Both the brunette and ginger glanced at each other before saying in sync, "You obviously!" Mori chuckled some more. That's when Dazai's face turned serious, "I'm not joking, Mori-san. You're sentenced to death sentence if you're caught" Mori still kept his smile, "How can I erase my death sentence then?" Dazai was about to say 'nothing' but that's when Chuuya chimed in, "If you help us catch a criminal who also has a death sentence and help us with missions for a few months and show us that you've changed for good, your death sentence would be erased. It's one of the vampire slayers rule made for exceptions." Dazai looked at Chuuya in disbelief. "Why don't I know about this?" The ginger just shrugged. "You weren't paying attention like always." Chuuya said 'like always' ina sarcastic way. Mori laughed, "Osamu, you have to listen during important meetins. You almost made me lose all hope of not dying." Dazai smirked as he joked, "I rather you didn't know." Mori pouted before complaining and ranting to Dazai who closed his ears when Mori was talking and paid extra attention to what Chuuya was saying and nodding. "Okay. Mori-san, you're coming with us to the vampire slayer office tomorrow." Mori agreed immediately and was about to walk away until Dazai stopped Mori, with Chuuya behind the brunette holding rope. "E...Eh? You still don't trust me?" Dazai shook his head, "We just need to do it before tomorrow. Protocol . " Mori sighed as Chuuya didn't hesitate to tie Mori up, walking around Mori in circles with the rope in his hand. "Then how did you join the vampire slayers? Were you also a murderer?" Dazai gave a death glare at Mori with Chuuya clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"For your information, I haven't fed on any human blood except Chuuya's and I joined the vampire slayers as I cheated on the tests."Dazai glanced away shamefully as he coughed a few times before continuing, "Also, you almost bit my lover a few days ago!" Mori looked down at his two feet as he too, coughed awkwardly a few times, "Sorry about that!" Mori gave a wink at Dazai as the brunette kicked Mori in the stomach. "Don't 'sorry about that'! apologise sincerely later!" Mori doubled over in pain before chuckling again. Dazai ignored Mori as he helped Chuuya tie the knot extra hard with Mori giving a regretful look to Dazai who then loosened the rope slightly.

Once again, Dazai being the lazy person he is, transformed into a bat and sat on Mori's head purposely stomping on it a few times with Mori wincing on every hit. "Poor me, my own son is abusing me." Mori whined as Chuuya was about to guide him down the stairs. Dazai squeaked rather annoyed with Chuuya stifling laugh. That's when Mori smirked and nudged Chuuya to go to his left further. The ginger lifted brow and id so. Much to the Chuuya's shock, Mori nudged him harder next time and the ginger gave a glare. Mori's smirk became bigger as he nudged Chuuya a lot harder as the ginger stumbled and Dazai clinging on to Mori's hair tighter so as to not fall off. AS the ginger stumbled, he fell off the buidling, Dazai squeaked, paranoid and was about to fly off but Mori broke the rope restraint and grabbed Dazai rather roughly and jumped off the building with him.