Chapter 14

As the trio fell from the 30th level building, Chuuya used his ability to make him fall faster as he stopped himself in mid air, about 10 meters away from the floor. A few seconds later, Mori and Dazai came dropping down as Chuuya took the risk and grabbed Mori's white coat collar and quickly dropped to the ground before his ability stopped. Chuuya dropped Mori to the ground as he sighed in relief. Mori dropped to the ground on his bottom with a thud as he smiled, standing up again, his hand still grabbing onto Dazai who was struggling to et out of his own father's grip. That's when Mori's eyes turned red as he looked Chuuya dead to the eye. "It seems that your boyfriend here isn't able to save you anymore. I'll kill you." Dazai and Chuuya's eyes widened as Dazai tried struggling harder to get out of Mori's strong grip but to no avail. Chuuya knew he couldn't run since Mori was much faster than him. He grabbed for his dagger but found it in Mori's hand instead. "I swiped it off you when you were tying me up."

Chuuya gulped as Mori came closer to Chuuya who was trying hard to find a weapon on the ground or anywhere. Mori laughed psychotically. When he was only a few centimeters away from Chuuya, who was leaning on a wall already, he let go of Dazai and chuckled.

"I'm joking! Calm down." Chuuya slid off the wall he was leaning on, panting. Dazai transformed back into a human as he stretched. He went to Chuuya who was shaking from fear and the sudden relief. Dazai gave a quick glare at Mori who had a poker face on. The brunette clenched his fist as he glanced at Mori who was now chuckling. "I'll punch you!" That's when Chuuya stopped him. "Calm down, Osamu. You guys are really father and son." Dazai exclaimed as he hugged Chuuya tighter, "Huh? How am I like him?" Chuuya bursted out laughing.

xFlashbackx

As Dazai reached for Kouyou, the lady braced herself. However, Dazai's hand gripped onto her shoulder instead of her neck and the brunette did a flip and balanced himself on the table behind the trio. His eyes turning back into his caramel brown ones, Dazai chuckled as he sat, cross legged on the table while taunting, "I was joking. Don't be so tense." With that, he continued laughing with Kouyou giving a surprised look. Chuuya face-palming himself and hitting Dazai on the back of the head.

Present

"Right definitely..." Chuuya rolled his eyes as he sat up straight and stood up himself with Dazai dramatically fanning a hand over his heart. Mori who listened to what happened, laughed out loud while putting his hand on Dazai' shoulder. "That's my son. A prodigy!" Dazai growled as he hugged Chuuya and stocked his tongue out to Mori. "How are you alive anyway?" Dazai questioned. Mori's chuckling stopped, "I was dead alright and it was a miracle when my heart started beating by itself after 30 minutes. I killed the pure blood vampires who thrashed out house and here I am." Dazai sighed as he let go of Chuuy and walked in front of Mori. "Were you the one who killed the two vampires who tried attacking me? If I remember properly, Fyodor and Maseru?" Mori stopped laughing as he sudden,y became serious. "Yes, I was the one who killed them. They wanted you dead so I killed them." Chuuya smiled a little when he knew that Mori was at least protecting his son even though in the worst way possible. Dazai smiled slightly. "I see...Now, let's go to the office so we can all wait there for the rest." Mori looked at the brunette who was walking away. "Also, you better save a total of Um...37 people in one month. That's for all the people you killed." Mori sighed and nodded. "Alright... I'm pretty sure I am save more." Dazai clicked his tongue in frustration as he lectured, "You confident bastard. Why don't you I up the number to 1000!" Mori gulped as he shook his head and replied with a "Never mind. 37 is good! It's a lucky number!" Chuuya laughed behind.

✝️✝️✝️

It has been 3 months since that reuniting of father and son. Mori kept his promise and saved 37 people in the first month and proved himself worthy to be a vampire slayer. It seems that Kouyou and Mori were friends when Dazai wasn't born yet so Mori wasn't exactly friendless. Mori apologised a bought a gift to Kyouka for attacking and explained that he attacked her because he was shocked by her appearing behind him all of a sudden. "I didn't want to attack my son's colleagues anyways." Was what he said to everyone. Thafully for him a nod Atsushi pestering her, Kyouka forgave Mori and treasured the gift Mori gave her. It was a bunny stuff toy with a similar keychain. All the vampire slayers knew Mori was protective of his own son a den cared very much for him. If Dazai failed to slay a vampire and got hurt, Satan from hell appears when everyone found that vampire who injured Dazai dead in the same day. Fukuzawa and Mori became best friends as well. It seems they think and see things the same way.

For Chuuya and Dazai, they became a great couple and nothing got in between their love.

Love wasn't the idea. Everyone knew vampires and humans couldn't fit well together. But who knew, love is blind and it does that matter whether you're a vampire of human, all should be treated the same and with fair judgement. The sinners would be punished while the good ones would be rewarded with friendships, connections , bonds and love. Chuuya had Dazai proved that and I'm pretty sure, it'll be in history.