Chapter 7

For the next couple days, I sulked around the house. The doctor had given me an excuse to be out of school for about a week. During the time I was out, Devon and Emily would come over and bring my class work home to me and go over it and even help me with my homework. Emily would catch me up about all the gossip and news that was going on at our school. I'd roll my eyes at her, typical Emily. She wouldn't be able to stay long because she had cheerleading practice within an hour so she'd leave but always come back the next day.

Devon would stay over with me until it was so late that his mother would text him, asking him where he was and why he hadn't came home yet. Whenever I needed something, he'd always get it for me, not wanting me to lift a finger. Before he'd come over each day, he'd bring me Wendy's and Burger King. I always thanked him and I'd look away so he wouldn't see me blushing.

During the day time when they were still in school, dad would check up on me every morning before he went to work and mom would check up on me just about every hour. Even Lori would come and check up on me before she'd go to sleep and before she'd leave for school in. It would annoy me at times since they did it constantly. But on the days that they weren't there, like dad would still be at work or mom would be out grocery shopping, I actually wished they were there. Whenever I'd be alone in my room or in the living room or kitchen, I kept feeling like I was being watched.

This morning when mom was out with Isaac to his pediatric appointment, I was in the living room watching a movie. I ended up falling asleep on the couch because I had trouble sleeping the night before because of the pain in my wrist. I woke up sometime later and when I sat up, I was startled when I noticed the doll sitting on one of the chairs across the living room from me. I continued to stare at it, it's glassy eyes staring back at me.

I grabbed my crutches, stood up and walked over to it. I reached down and picked the doll up and went over to my sister's room and put the doll on her bed, walked out and closed the door behind me.

A few minutes later, I heard mom's car pull up in the driveway and I walked over to open the door for them.

"Honey! Are you feeling better?" Mom asked me, holding Isaac who was in his car seat with one hand and a bag of groceries in the other. I felt bad that I couldn't help her out.

"I'm doing fine mom. Thanks!" I said, closing the door with my crutch behind them. I followed them into the kitchen to see if maybe I could help her a little there when I stopped in my tracks. Sitting in the chair at the head of the table was Lucy. Now, I was scared. I could've sworn I had just put her in Lori's room.

"What's Lori's doll doing here?" Mom asked, picking the doll up.

"I don't know." I said, my voice slightly trembling.

"Hmm. I guess we'll leave her here since Lori is gonna be arriving home soon." Mom then said, placing the doll back down in the chair. She reached down and picked up Isaac's car seat and placed him on the table. I went ahead and sat down in a chair, pulling Isaac towards me. I tried to keep myself focused on anything but the doll while I was there. I'd play with Isaac, talk to mom about what all was going on at school since I was missing it, or I'd focus on her cooking lunch.

After about almost an hour, Lori burst through the door with dad right behind her.

"Hey mommy! How was your day?" She asked, running up to mom and kissing her on the cheek.

"Oh it was wonderful honey! Thank you! How was your day?"

"It was good! We're going to be having show and tell tomorrow and I'm so excited because I'm gonna be bringing Lucy!"

I quietly sighed. For once I actually felt relieved. I wasn't going to have to be alone in the house with that stupid doll.

"Oh that's great!" Mom smiled at her.

"Hey honey? Can you help me get this tie off please?" Dad asked, standing over in the living room. "I always seem to get it too tight at the end of the day and I can never loosen it up to take it off."

Mom shook her head and chuckled at him. "I'm coming sweetie." She stood back up and began walking over to dad. "Oh, by the way Lori," she said, turning around. "Lucy's sitting at the head of the table waiting for you." Mom said, pointing towards Lucy.

Lori beamed at her and ran towards the doll and picked her up from the chair and hugged her tightly against her.

"Oh Lucy I've missed you so much!" She bent forward and kissed it on the cheek. She then looked up at me.

"Are you doing okay Daisy?" she asked me, walking over to stand right beside me. I nodded my head at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine thank you. I'm just really glad I'll be getting to go back to school next week." I said to her, playing with Isaac's little toes as he giggled.

"I bet! I'm still so glad you're okay!" she exclaimed. She then turned to look at her doll. "See Lucy, I told you she was going to be alright."

My eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean by that Lori?" I asked, letting go of Isaac's toes.

"Oh, um.." she looked around the kitchen nervously. "Um... well, last week on Friday when I got home, Lucy said you were going to have an accident that day."

My eyes widened in shock. Did I hear her correctly?

"Lucy said what?" I asked, leaning forward towards her. I hoped I hadn't heard her right, that maybe it was just something my mind was playing tricks on. Hoping that maybe my hearing was working from when I fell.

"She said you were going to have an accident." Lori whispered to me. "I didn't believe her when she told me that but when your friend called mom and dad and told us what happened, I realized she was telling the truth."

I sat back up in my chair, my eyes darting towards the doll in her hand. Lucy had her head turned to the side as if she didn't want to look at me. I really didn't know what to say or think at that moment. The fact that the doll told my own sister that I was going to have an accident just before it happened scared the heck out of me.

Shaking, I stood up from my chair and grabbed my crutches. I then walked away from them and towards mom and dad.

"Mom, dad? I'm gonna rest for a little while." I said to them.

"Okay honey. I'll wake you up when it's time to eat." Dad said to me, rubbing my back.

I nodded my head and began to enter the hallway. I turned back around to look at Lori who was still standing in the kitchen in the same spot with a worried look on her face, still holding on to Lucy. This time, the doll had her had her head turned to face me, her glassy eyes staring right at me.

 This time, the doll had her had her head turned to face me, her glassy eyes staring right at me

I felt a shiver run up my spine. Quickly, I turned back around and walked as fast as I could into my room, and locked the door right behind me.

Author's Note: Hey everyone! Hope you all have been enjoying these past few chapters of Hello Dolly! Please don't forget to comment, vote, and share! See y'all soon!