Chapter 15

I dropped Amelia and ran forward towards the closet door and attempted to open it. I tried with all might to turn the door knob but it wouldn't budge and so I started banging on the door.

"Mom! Dad! Somebody let me out!" I yelled, banging on the door.

I reached up and attempted to find the light switch. I found it and quickly flicked it on. The closet was bright for a few seconds before the lightbulb suddenly exploded, causing me to scream once more, turning the closet dark again.

I grabbed the doorknob and kept trying to turn it but it felt like someone was on the other side holding the knob tightly so it wouldn't turn and was pulling it back so I couldn't open it.

"Dad! Mom! Get me out of here!" I continued to scream.

I wasn't afraid of the dark at all but that moment when whoever was in here with me had turned the light switch off and slammed my door shut just behind me made me scared to think whether someone had deliberately locked me in my closet and was standing just in the other side of the door, or if someone was actually in the closet with me.

I stopped banging on the door, leaned back and kicked the door. I made sure to not kick with the leg that I had just had my cast removed from because there was no way I was going back to wearing that again.

After kicking it for about a minute, I turned around and scrambled around the floor and tried to locate my phone. I couldn't even remember where I had left it and it was gonna be more difficult to find it in the dark. At that time, that's when I wished that one of my friends would message me or one of my social media apps would get a notification so I'd be able to locate my phone.

"Ow!" I cried out in pain as I felt something sharp stab me in both of my hands and on my knee.

Trying to ignore the pain, I crawled over to where I had my dolls and stuffed animals and tried to feel around for it. I kept yanking my hand back because just feeling around them made it feel like as if they were trying to grab my hand.

I crawled across stuffed animals I had thrown on the floor, feeling their fuzziness on my knees and legs as I continued to crawl.

I then scrambled over to where my shoes were, feeling the rubber against my legs. I felt around and into each of the shelves. Suddenly I felt something hard against my fingers and I felt it. It was my phone!

Quickly, I grabbed it and hit the button on the side to make the screen light up. My hands trembled as I held the phone in my hand. They felt wet and slightly warm and I turned the flashlight icon on and shone it on my hands.

I had blood running down my hands and on my knee from where I had accidentally crawled over the broken pieces of the lightbulb. I could see small shards of glass sticking out from the spots where they had cut me. I laid my phone down with the light shining on me and attempted to pull out some of the glass.

I clenched my teeth as I pulled out a small shard of glass from my right palm. When I pulled it out, I laid it down next to me and proceeded to pull the remaining pieces out. They were mostly small and didn't hurt as much as the first one I had pulled out.

When I was done, I lifted up my right knee and examined it. It too had a small broken piece sticking out so I grabbed it and quickly pulled it out, a small trail of blood coming out. I examined it more and saw I had a bunch of cuts from the glass but I didn't see any broken pieces in it.

Shaking, I grabbed my phone and hit the home button and with bloodied fingers, I scrolled through my contacts section, my fingers covering the screen up with my blood. I found mom's contact and hit the call icon next to her name and held the phone up to my ear.