Chapter one

Wednesday pov: I'm not sure who's twisted idea it was to put hundreds of adolescence in underfunded schools, run by people who's dreams were crushed years ago but I admire the sadism.

I continue to drown in my thoughts, blocking out the irritating sound of my mother and fathers voice. Painful minutes go by as I arrive at the Nevermore academy,

while the only thing my mind can focus on is how I'm going to escape this dreadful place. I was sent here after my attempt to murder a student. I had very good reason to do what i did, only thing I wish I did better was actually get the job done, I am pleased with myself though.

I'm instantly snapped out of thoughts and back into reality when my parents try to reassure me that I'm going to love Nevermore and might even make some friends.

I don't want friends, I prefer my solitude, I have no interest in staying at Nevermore. It was my parent's idea of sending me here. I know they want me to become like them, my mother moreso. I will never be like my parents, I have no interest in being like them.

I doubt this school is any different from the last eight I attended. None of which were strong enough to hold me, this one will be the same.

I arrive at the principles office with my parents. I'm given an assigned dorm, Ophelia Hall. Ophelia is the one who kills herself after being driven mad by her family, sounds about right.

I make my way down the hall to the new dorm, my parents and principle follow along. I walk in and I intimately feel a wave of disgust.

"It looks like a unicorn threw up in here" I say; as a short blonde makes her way over to me, overly filled with joy. "Howdy roomie!" the blonde girl exclaims with excitement. "Wednesday this is Enid Sinclair" the principle introduces us. "Are you feeling ok? You look a little pale." Enid says concerned.

"Wednesday always looks half dead" my father says. "Oh, well welcome to Ophelia Hall!" Enid replies, trying to hug me but I instantly back away. I don't do physical touch.

"Not a hugger, got it." finally something that's not completely off.

"You'll have to excuse Wednesday. She's allergic to color.." my mother says in response. At least that's something we can agree on. "Oh wow, what happens to you?!" Enid looks at me.

"I break out into hives and the flesh peels off my bones" I say flatly.

"luckily we've special ordered you a uniform. Enid please take Wednesday to the registrar's office to go pick it up with a copy of her schedule, and give her a tour of the school" the principal chuckles and Enid nods in response. A uniform seriously? Gross.

Enid and the principle walk out the room; I turn around giving my parents the death stare, letting them know that I'm not ok with this and I will be escaping.

I make my way down the hall to catch up with Enid, she starts giving me a tour and explaining the history about the school. It's giving me a headache and not in the good way. "Save the history speech I don't plan on staying-" I was cut off by the brunette girl, with glitter in her hair, rushing past me. 

(I know it's a very short chapter but they'll eventually get longer. Thank you for reading this far tho)