Chapter two

I turn to look back at the brunette girl but she was already out of sight. I look back at Enid "who was that and why was she covered in glitter?" I ask, trying not to seem interested.

"That's y/n, she's a popular loner or should I say stoner" she giggles and I look at her with a blank expression. "uhh she's pretty cool, we used to be roommates but a few months back we had to get our own dorms..umm if you want to know more about her you can always check out my blog" she suggests.

"I refuse to be a slave to technology but why did you two get separate rooms? What happened?" I say, questioning her.

"That's a story for later but for now let's just continue on with the tour" Enid exclaims "Maybe you could clear up some rumors that have been swirling around though, some people are saying you killed a kid your last school and your parents pulled strings to get you off?"

She says with a worrying look. "It was actually two kids but who's counting?" I say as we walk to the quad. "Welcome to the quad" Enid says.
"Its a pentagon." I reply. "look the whole snarky goth girl thing may have worked for you at normie school but things are different here" she says as we walk down the sidewalk and Enid explains what groups and species there are.
"There are many different flavors of outcasts here but the four main cliques are vangs, furs, stoners and scales.

Those are the fangs aka vampires, some of them have literallyy been here for decades" we stop and look at the group of kids hogging the picnic table and continue walking
"that bunch of knuckleheads are furs aka werewolves, like me" the wolves start howling at us and Enid waves. "full moons get pretty loud around here, thats when furs wolf out, I'd suggest you pickup some noise-canceling headphones"

"I'm assuming scales are sirens?" I ask. "You catch on quick. And that girl Bianca Barclay, is the closest thing Nevermore has to royalty. Although her crowns been slipping lately, she used to date our resident toured artists, Xavier Thorpe.
But they broke up at the beginning of the semester, reason unknown." Enid says.

"Fascinating" I say watching him. "I know right?! My blog is like the number one source for Nevermore gossip"

she was cut off by a boy walking up to her "yo, Enid, you're not gonna believe the dirt I heard about your new roommate.
She eats human flesh, totally chowed down on that kid she murdered. You better watch your back." He says as Enid moves to the side reveling me standing next to her, hearing every word he said.

"quite the contrary, I actually fillet the body of the victims, then feed them to my menagerie of pets." I say, causing the boy to have a deliciously frightened look.

"Ajax, this is my new roommate, Wednesday" Enid changes the subject.
"Whoa, you're in black and white, like a living Instagram filter" Ajax says surprisingly.

"Ignore him. Gorgons spend way to much time getting stoned. He's cute but clueless, it's a small school and there wasn't much online about you.
Ohhh you should really get on Snapchat and insta" Enid says. "I find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation" I turn away from her and walk away in the opposite direction.