Chapter seven

~time skip, at the harvest festival~

Enid and I decided to go together considering she's the one that's somewhat helping me escape this teenage penitentiary. We walk over to where we're supposed to meet Tyler. We stand there in silence, we overhear Tyler and his father are arguing about us being there. "Are you sure you can trust that normie?" Enid breaks the silence. "I trust that I can handel myself" I reply, still watching Tyler and his father argue. "Well, good luck and safe travels" she smiles, turning to me and trying to hug me but I back away. "Still not a hugger, got it" she says still smiling as she walks away. I watch her disappear into the crowd, when I notice ms. Weems was watching me.

I turn back around, noticing Tyler's father getting back into his truck and starting to drive away. I walk in the opposite direction, I find myself at a game, throwing darts at a wall with balloons tapped to it, popping all of them. I hear some come up next to me. "Jeez if you get any better at this you'll be taking home a whole pack." I hear a familiar voice say. "Pandas don't travel in packs. They prefer their solitude." I reply. "Alright. Subtle hint taken." Xavier replies.

I look over at him and then back at the game. "You should know I'm waiting for someone" I tell him. "Oh yeah, who's the lucky guy..or girl?" He questions and I turn towards him. "What does it matter to you?" I ask as Tyler makes his way over to me. Xavier noticing him first. "Didn't mean to interrupt" Tyler says as Xavier looks at him and then back at me, giving me a sort of disappointed look. "You're not" Xavier says, walking in-between us. "This is gonna be trickier than I thought. Dad hit me with a curfew. We need to go if I'm going to make it back in time." Tayler expresses as he walks in front of me.

"I've got some dead weight, I need to lose first." I reply, looking over at ms. Weems who still has their eye on me. "Meet me behind the parking lot when the fire works start." I say looking back at Tyler, he nods and walks away as the worker behind the stand comes up to me to give me my prize, which is a giant panda. "You see that sad, lonely woman over there? She needs this pathetic validation more than I do." I say to him, giving him some cash. "Would you mind distracting her?" I ask, as he nods in response, making his way over to her giving her the panda and I quickly escape her gaze.

The fireworks start and I make my way behind the parking lot, meeting Tyler. "Hey, before you leave, i wanted you to have this. It's your dad's police file, from when he was a student at Nevermore. I think it's the reason my dad hates him." He says, handing me the file and I just look at it. "Are you ok?" He questions. I look up at him "I'm not used to people engaging with me. Most see me coming and cross the street." I say. "You're not scary, you're just kind of..kooky" Tyler adds. "I prefer spooky" I reply. "Oh." He replies with a smile. "My train leaves in an hour. We're burning moonlight." I say, walking past him, making my way towards his truck.

"Uh, right, right." He says as we're greeted by the boys from the Cafe, they're all holding. Wooden bats. "Hey! Come on Wednesday." Tyler says. "Wednesday! We can lose them in the crowd." He continues, grabbing my arm and pulling me in the opposite direction, away from them. They start to follow us and we start semi running. I bump into someone and fall backwards, having a vision. *In the vision I see a book that I've never seen before, a crow and then I see the school on fire before hearing screams and seeing Rowan getting killed by something* then vision ends. I snap out of it, barely noticing that Tyler had caught me in his arms. I quickly stand up, looking at Rowan, he looks at me as if he's worried or scared.

"Shit! Wednesday we need to go!" Tyler says as I look at him and then back at Rowan. Before he disappears into the woods. "Wednesday, come on" Tyler continues. I hesitate for a minute before deciding to follow after him. "Wednesday!" Tyler yells. "Rowan, come back!" I yell, running after him. I finally catch up to him, "Rowan, wait." I say as we come to a stop. "Aghh, what do you want! Why are you following me?" He turns to me, questioning me, clearly annoyed. "I don't have to explain but you're in danger" I explain. He chuckles, "I think you've got it backwards." He says, throwing me against a tree with his telekinesis. "You're the one in danger" he adds.

"What are you doing" I grunt. "Saving everyone from you. I have to kill you" he scoffs. Suddenly things start making sense, "The gargoyle, that was you?" I question. "Yeah" he nods. "Its always the quiet ones." I say to myself and Rowan takes something out of his pocket, a paper, he floats it up to me with his telekinesis. "Girl in the picture. That's you" he says as I examine the picture. "You want to kill me, because of some picture?" I ask him. "My mother drew that picture 25 years ago, when she was a student at Nevermore. She was a powerful Seer. Told me about it before she died." He sounds as if he's about to cry.

"Rowan, put me down." I tell him. "No! My mother said it was my destiny to stop this girl, if she ever came to Nevermore, because she will destroy the school and everyone in it." He expresses, holding me tighter against the tree. "Rowan" I grunt. "Rowan! Stop!" I hear a familiar voice say. I look over only to see Y/n, for a moment I was confused but weirdly enough everything felt like it was going to be alright. "I have to do this this Y/n. Its for our own good, I have to protect the school!" Rowan snarls at her before throwing her in the distance with his telekinesis, she disappears in the dark, I hear her body hit off something, a tree possibly. I hear a soft groan before everything goes silent and panic sets in. "Y/n!" I shout but I get no response. "Rowan. Put me down." I insist.

"I can't! Don't you get that?!" He shouts at me, tightening his grip. "Rowan." I say, feeling my breath getting shorter. Before I can say another word, I see this huge, ugly, scary looking beast attack Rowan. I gasp as Rowans releases me from his grip and I fall to the ground, as Rowan screams in agony. I sit there in pain watching Rowan get murdered and there's nothing I can do about it. I must have spaced out because the next thing I remember the monster is gone and is y/n running up to Rowan. Tears streaming down her face but she's not making a sound, she drops down to her knees, clearly in shock. I quickly get up and brush myself off. "Y/n, come on we have to go to the police." I say walking up to her. "I can't leave him" she whispers, barely being able to get a word out. "Come on Y/n! I can't leave you here by yourself. It's not safe!" I say to her. She sighs, getting up off the ground. "Let's go" I grab a hold of her shoulder and we take off running towards the school. After a minute or so we bump into Bianca Barclay and I tell her to get some help.

The next thing I remember, I'm back at the school, in the principals office. Talking to the police about what I saw happen to Rowan. I didn't mention the fact that Y/n was there, because I have no idea where is she now. We must've got separated when I passed out. My thoughts drowning out the sheriff's unpleasant voice. "I know what I saw!" I interrupt sheriff Galpin as he tries to gaslight me into thinking I'm crazy. Not even a few minutes later another officer bursts through the door, "You're gonna wanna see this." The police officer says as Rowan walks in, perfectly fine, there's not even a scratch on him..what the hell is going on? "Rowan?" I question him, in confusion and he smiles. "But I know what I saw-" I say. "Ms. Addams, maybe you should call it a night get some sleep" sheriff Galpin says, pointing to the door. Annoyed, I walk out of the office and go straight to Y/n's dorm.

"Y/n, open up. We need to talk about what happened." I knock on the door a couple times but I get no response. I decide to just go in anyway, I walk into the room and y/n is nowhere to be found, I'm taking this opportunity to investigate, It doesn't make any sense why Y/n was in the forest the same time everything was happening and I don't think it was just a coincidence. As Thing and I start to look around we hear the door handle turning. I quickly grab Thing and hide under the bed as Y/n and Bianca walk in. Y/n seems happy as if nothing happened. Maybe I am going crazy, I thought to myself but as I look closer at Y/n and Bianca, I can't believe what I'm seeing, Bianca and Y/n are hand in hand..

(Hmm I wonder why Y/n and Bianca are hanging out? Thanks for reading! I know its a short chapter, I've been busy lol. Trust me, it's going to get better and more interesting in the next chapter!)