𝙵𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐

Fencing class isn't mandatory but it's something i like to watch on the side via bench. A lot of my friends take the class. Well, maybe only like two but that's not the point. At the moment i was watching my best friend Rowan go up against Bianca Barclay.

"En garde" the coach said in order to start the match.

I personally have absolutely no idea how to fence but it's fun watching your friends get beat up. Of course i felt bad for Rowan having to go up against someone that was definitely way above his level. I noticed the new outcast Wednesday walk in. She had her own fencing outfit (whatever you call that) in all back. Rowan fell to the floor with a loud grunt.

ouch.

"Coach, coach, she tripped me." Rowan pleaded.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan." The coach replied.

In all honesty I really wasn't paying attention, but I was sure he was telling the truth. Rowan wasn't the type of person to lie, and when he did it was pretty obvious. Once when we were six, he thought it would be a marvelous idea to steal a whole bar of chocolate from his moms work desk. She wasn't to happy. When she questioned us (or more him because he was the one with the chocolate all over his mouth) he denied all the 'false' accusation's. That mom is dead now but, he obviously got in trouble and his punishment was me having to go home for the rest of the day. I lived right down the street from him so that wasn't much of a issue. Unfortunately I had to move from that house because of my parents getting a divorce. Last month my mom got custody over me so we moved into a apartment across town. I liked it there a lot, better then my parents constantly fighting, honestly scared for parents weekend, at least Rowan would be there to help me.

"It was a clean strike Rowan."

"Maybe if you whined less and practice more, then you wouldn't suck in front of your little girlfriend." Bianca paused then turned her head and looked at me.

I was just sitting there and smirking like a idiot.

"she's not my-"

"seriously, coach, when am i going to get some real competition. Anyone else wanna challenge me?" Bianca said tauntingly.

Rowan snatched his glasses from the coach and sat next to me. We sat there for a moment not saying a word to each other and just watching what was about to go down. The Wednesday girl had put herself up against Bianca.

"Oh, you must be the psychopath they let in." Bianca said grinning.

"And you must be the self-appointed queen bee. Interesting thing about bees, pull out their stingers and they drop dead." Wednesday replied in a harsh tone. I like this girl. The other fencers made a noise that indicated she was getting dragged by Wednesday's words.

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense. he's not hopeless, just lazy." Bianca said angrily. Rowan pulled out his inhaler. I just sighed and watched what was about to go down.

"en garde"

They started flying at each other like beyblades. I could never do this sport because i would get sliced in half the moment the opponent sword was drawn, honestly don't know how Rowan does it. They had almost everybody in the rooms attention on them, grunting from time to time. Wednesday won the first match.

They were back at it again, but this time Rowan turned to talk to me.

"Sorry for, y'know, sucking miserably." Rowan said sadly with a shrug.

"I don't care, i would get sliced in half the minute i joined the fencing club so good for you being able to keep up." I replied.

"but i can't keep up!" Rowan whisper shouted. "That's why i lose every match against Bianca!"

"well look at her she's a prodigy. Have you lost against anyone else that's not her?" I questioned.

"well yes but rarely-"

"exactly." I responded turning my head away from Rowan and back to the match.

"The score is even." the coach announced.

Bianca gave a cute little speech about how that first point was beginners luck. Wednesday asked if they could invoke military challenge, then they went back to the duel without their masks on. They had all eyes on them by now.

Wednesday had lost by having her blood drawn first. Fortunately it was red and not black and white like Bianca had inquired.

"Your face finally got that slash of color it so desperately needed."

Rowan went up to the infirmary with Wednesday while i went up to my dorm. My roomie Namika was sitting on her phone going through her text or something, until she looked up and saw me.

"your back later then usual" she said swiftly.

"Fencing. I decided to watch Rowan and Enid duel today"

"and how was that?" She asked with a smirk.

"great, Rowan definitely got his butt kicked by Bianca though." I said walking over to the table where my computer was.

"I already got my homework done, I am assuming you want me to help you with yours?" Namika questioned.

"yes please, I would love that." I said while unlocking my laptop.

   It only took about 30 minutes for Namika to explain to me every single detail about some plant Ms. Thornhill wanted us to study. I closed my laptop and got on my phone.

3 missed calls from 'Rowan👓'