Chapter 12 - Surely dating her is better than marriage

TWELVE

"What?" James asked again with a weird expression. Merlin let out a heavy laugh.

"You're really funny."

James looked at her, wondering why she thought he sounded funny, his looks? She fucking said she killed someone! Or didn't he hear her right?

"I didn't kill him, he died in an accident.... I only wish I killed him," she explained. She walked over to the wardrobe, bringing out her heels.

"Ohh!" James heaved a sigh of relief. Now he understood why she laughed. He must have looked stupid to think she was capable of murder.

That served him right but he'd love to teach him a bitter lesson himself.  How can one be so inhumane?

"What are you doing?" He asked just to be sure it wasn't his eyes seeing things. He walked towards her.

"Leaving. I have somewhere important to be," she replied not even sparing him a glance.

James scratched his hair. 'She really is leaving...'

Don't go. I did like you to stay by my side a bit longer, no for the rest of my life. He wanted to say but on a second thought, "Let me drop you off,"

She smiled and turned to him, "that's not necessary. I think I've stolen you a bit longer, you don't want your friends to scold me." She chuckled and carried her hand bag along.

:::::::::

Merlin's disappearance made James appear at Nick's front door.

More like her presence switched off his bulb for thinking. He was supposed to be a supportive friend and not one who runs away with a strange girl when needed.

James stood, hands stretched to knock. He wasn't sure and of course knew what wrong he had done. 

Nick  was the flower type. He loved flowers to an extent that he grew a garden.

The fresh fragrance of different flowers blessed his nostrils as he inhaled and exhaled deeply. For a moment he was lost and strangely, felt relieved. He should face Nick  and apologize to Joy as well.

He opened the door and walked in, flowers chanting a welcome song as he entered the sitting room.

He looked around, still the same old place - somewhere he'd been for almost all his life.

Nick  walked in wearing a pajamas. Just then, James realized it was night.

"Why are you here?" Nick  questioned taking a seat opposite him. From his tone, James knew he was angry.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left like that and I was really going to return but-"

"Let me guess, but your goddess friend wanted you right? is that even an excuse?" Nick  answered coldly.

"I'm sorry. I was wrong and I'm apologizing," James replied. He knew Nick  wouldn't fall for his damn excuses and he wasn't planning on stressing the topic further.

Nick  chuckled nastily, "why didn't you answer my calls?"

"I....I didn't know you called," He lied.

Shut the Fuck up. You fucking ignored my calls, ass hole! Nick wanted to yell.

He took a sip of water to calm down his nerves.

"How's Joy?" James asked since Nick wasn't responding.

'Oh...How can you be so... you know what she means to me and yet you....' Nick  felt like smacking his head but he just remained quiet. Gentle.

"She's fine. She will be discharged tomorrow," He replied, against his wish. He had wanted to give him the painful silent treatment. The one that would make James plead for updates.

James exhaled and his chest relaxed. He sipped some wine on the table and rested his head on the couch trying to catch some sleep.

"Where did you meet her?" Nick asked. 'He can't fucking dose off after leaving for 3 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes and 45 seconds' Nick  calculated staring at the clock above James's head.

"Who?"

"That girl of course!" Nick replied, rolling his eyes, not missing the glimpse of pleasure in James's eyes.

'He must have had fun' Nick  guessed inside his head.

James smiled, "At the garage,"

"At home or office?" Nick  queried, unsatisfied with his answer.

James thought he sounded like an investigator.

"The office garage." James replied, sinking on the couch, hands crossed.

Nick  frowned, "You gave her the password?"

"No..no."

Nick  frowned more.

There were two garages at Crystal's main company. One for the boss and the other for employees. No one had the audacity to enter the boss's garage since it had a password. So how did she get in? And to think that James didn't give her the password. Strange.

"You don't mind how she managed to get in?" Nick asked, surprised, yet shocked. This can't be James.

"I don't care, I'm glad she did come. At least I got her number," he replied smiling.

Nick  shook his head vigorously in disappointment and poured out wine, "So.. what now? Are you guys dating?"

James shook his head, "not really"

Nick  paused and an unusual smile crept up his face. James was wise.

"You don't plan on dating her?" Nick  asked again sipping his wine. He hoped the answer was positive.

"Yes," James replied with a smirk.

Nick  relaxed, sipping more wine as possible. 'James made the right decision. He shouldn't date that strange girl' he thought.

"We are getting married," James announced, after some seconds, smiling brightly.

Now, Nick  did not expect that. James is foolish?

Nick  spilled out the drink in his mouth due to shock. Surely, dating her was better than marriage.

Is James okay? or is he playing pranks?

______

Hiiiiii

What's popping guys? Anything beautiful that happened today? Comment and Let's celebrate with you!

Always remember, SVC!

My love is always here, thanks for your support so far❤️.