Chapter 30 - Romantic dinner

Joy donated some cash to the orphanage before leaving. Nich phoned her to announce his success - the bank had agreed to lend him a huge loan with his house sadly as a collateral. He didn't mind, this would be his first successful business venture.

Happily driving home, she met him looking hot in his tuxedo.

She studied him. His rough but nicely trimmed hair made him cute and supported the definition of him being a player. His eyes glittered with happiness and his smiles were like that of the moon - that smile you unconsciously put on your face when viewing the moon light. 

All the same, he looked adorable. Like someone prepared for a hot date. Joy turned pale at the thought of that. 

is he going out with some girl?

"I'm tired. Going to bed" she sadly said and brush passed him.

Nich grab her wrist wondering why the suddenly change of expression. she looked elated a while ago and now...

"Did something bad happen?... you don't look fine" he asked pulling her back.

she turned to face him. "I said I'm tired" she lied.

His mood turned down. "I guess I should postpone the celebration then... maybe some other time..." he turned to leave.

Joy was taken aback. "what celebration?" she asked. 

"I told you I got a loan, isn't that a good reason to celebrate?" he asked slightly upset.

Joy let out a heavy sigh, her hand on her chest. "I thought you had a d... nevermind. you should have said that earlier" she replied twisted her lips.

Nich looked at her shaking his head.
This lady is just good at confusing me...I can't tell her mood.

"you didn't give me a chance to say so. Are you going or not?" he inquired hoping she did say yes.

"Maybe... wait is this a date?" she pooped out her eyes.

Did he really dress this hot for me?

"call it whatever you want.. I'm waiting inside the car." he replied walking out. A smirk appeared on his face as he adjusted his jacket.

Joy released a smile and immediately scolded herself. "it's just a celebration. but then he didn't deny it been a date, did he?...arghh...I shouldn't get involved with him"

"but why the hell do I feel this way?" she rhetorically asked stamping her foots in confusion.

:::::::::::::

Soft violin sounds made the night go smoothly. It filtered the sadness in the air leaving heartwarming melodies.

Joy glanced at the open space smiling. They were at the roof top of one of the most expensive hotels. Nich had organized dinner in a romantic manner.

The view from there was amazing and nothing could be more awesome than having the night stars as a roof.

she turned sideways and watched the violinists play the instrument with passion, their body movements seemed attached to the flows produced by the strings.

"won't you eat?" Nich asked the lady who had been sheepishly smiling since they got there. All these while he had been observing Joy and noticed she was thrilled...

"The place is just so beautiful" she noted and looked down at the dishes. 

she started with dessert and they ate in silence.

"so now you've gotten the loan, what are you starting with?" she asked pointing her fork at him.

Nich moved back a little in fear and glared sexily at her.

she dropped the fork immediately and interlocked her fingers.

"let's not talk about work" he replied rudely while munching his chicken.

Joy cut a piece of cake and chewed too.
She was enjoying every moment and the dishes watered her mouth. She picked up chicken lap and devoured it slowly.

Nich watched her and grinned. "be careful with that... you could choke" he warned.

She ignored him and ate peacefully. His literally trying to make me upset...but I won't let him ruin this wonderful moment...I love it here....I guess he's regretting taking me out for dinner...well he said it's just a mere celebration, I can't be bothered....

I can't believe she's trying to choke herself... Goodness! she looks even more cute eating that way...I should stop staring before I do something stupid...

Nich exhaled and rubbed his palms. He looked around and tried distracting himself by watching the city view from up there.

Joy noticed it and frowned. so rude...I bet he can't stand me anymore...am I that annoying? who cares of his attention anyway?...

"How was your orphanage visit?" he asked. His smiles beamed.

Joy looked speechless. He always strikes me with this silly smiles. Silly but it makes me weak...

"great..I didn't get to see the kids but I had fun chatting with my Godmother" she smiled back. I hope this smile has an effect on him too...

"You had a good time then" he commented nodded. "should I order something else?"

"nope. I'm not that hungry" she answered flashing him a smile.

Nich shut his eyes shyly and opened it to see someone he least expected.

James.