Chapter 41 - Trapped by Guilt.

FORTY ONE

The past two weeks have been a fun loving encounter blessed with spiced sex for James. But for Merl, it was just a vacation (a distraction in disguise). A tool she had prepared to weaken his stamina for the greater failure to come.

James spent his money like his life depended on his honeymoon while Merlin squandered his money like he deserves to be penniless.

Well, he did deserve it - from her own prospective though...

He had purchased a pent house in turkey on their arrival. The house was huge and mostly designated with classy materials. Huge shiny crystalline shaped solids functioned as light bulbs which emitted great energy.

The house was surrounded by a lengthy short fence which was located miles away from the main building. Cctv's cameras and security personnels were always on guard.

The pent house was rich in furniture and it was beautiful how every part of the furnitures were crafted from fine woods. These weren't just ordinary woods but woods polished to an extent that it shone like gold.

The building also had a gaming board and most of all, an interior swimming pool. The pool water was normally treated with herbal remedies to relieve stress.

Most of the appliances and machine were also operated remotely.

However, a part of him felt bored from time to time. He knew it was strange how he did been away from work for long while now but he comforted himself by demanding for mails and updates frequently.

Mails and updates doesn't mean he was there right?

He scolded himself for becoming like Nich but at the same time assured himself that he was here for his darling wife only.

With the laptop on his laps, he scrolled through his mails and examined letters Claire had attached. Smiles filled his face as he scrutinized it's contents. He had left the company in capable hands after all....

He sipped his juicy liquor after certain intervals as though he monitored his consumptions. Letting out a sigh due to fatigue, he shut down the system after closing all the windows.

Merlin had gone out to shop some clothes, leaving him alone to battle with his crucifying thoughts.

The main reason he didn't want her to go was because he would be lonely and loneliness make him reflect on his miserable life. His broken friendship, How he hurt Suzanne, Mr Clinton's whereabouts or even Joy.... He hated to admit it but he missed them all, very much.

Yet a strange part of him still blamed them for everything that had occurred. If only they accepted his wife, then bad things wouldn't have happened.

He still wasn't able to understand the writings on the wall....

It had been hours already but he still reflected on the conversation they had before she left. To occupy his mind.

"c'mon I can just get a home service order for you. you don't have to stress yourself by going shopping" he tried convincing her.

"No Hon... It's a part of my honeymoon. The fun part of shopping is doing it yourself" She replied putting on her clothes without sparing him a glance.

"but you don't even know the area well, you should go with some of the security men" He insisted staring at her.

Merlin turned to him with a firm voice, "I can protect myself".

'you don't know who you married. I'm not as powerless as you are' She smiled.

"if you won't let the guards follow you then I'm coming too. Let me get dressed" he jerked off the bed and strolled towards the bathroom but Merlin held him.

"please..." she squinted her eyes at him. "I won't take long okay?"

'how long do I have to keep up with this fool? I can't wait to kill him' She hid her anger.

He held her waist, "you know I get bored easily..."

"hmmm.... okay why don't you make some cookies before I return?" She chuckled.

"I can't make cookies" His voice sounded faint. He sat down on the bed again, hiding his face from her.

'I can't believe Lilac fell for this useless man. He can't even make ordinary cookies....'

"oh!... I'm running late already. Just figure something out and don't worry I would get you something too" she kissed him goodbye and left.

He glanced at the time again and wondered why she wasn't back yet. He felt trapped by guilt again.

James decided to scroll through his contacts. He must keep his mind busy!!

He was almost traumatized by what he saw. He still hasn't deleted Nich's number.

"Maybe I should give him a call? Naa...he is the one at fault. I shouldn't talk to traitors." he murmured.

'you know it's not his fault!' his inner mind reminded him.

Holy Shit! those thoughts again!

He switched off his phone.

______

Please vote and comment!!