academy backyard "playtime"

(alot of dialogue might put names next to them to make it less confusing next chapter)

Naruto huffed and went to his seat and opened his breakfast just as Iruka showed up to teach class. Hashirama and Madara locked eyes with each other.

"Hello Hashirama I hope you haven't been slacking off with the Uzumaki kid"

"What do you mean by that you know I can take things seriously when I want I just hope you haven't been manipulating the one your in charge of"

"Hn we're all manipulated by our environment and the ways of the Shinobi we're taught to follow and now all that left of our clans are a tiny amount though I wonder how the senju were wiped out oh wait-"

"Alright Madara you were right to some extent but this is why we're here to fix our mistakes"

"Ha I'm glad you can admit that flaw of your peace that speech you gave me was so blasphemous killing those close to you to protect a village of people who aren't even that close to you there are so many flaws in that way of thinking but let's put that aside for now and observe how the young are trained in this era"

Sasuke was finished with his food and was half listening to Hashirama's and Madara's back and forth what really got him thinking was what Madara said about how far Hashirama is willing to go to protect the village it made him think back to his clan but he shook it off for now. Naruto totally let the conversation go over his head he also finished his food Iruka stopped lecturing for a second and deadpanned on what he was seeing.

'they both decided to eat in class huh I'll let it slide this time'

He turned back and continued talking about the ninja hierarchy of the village about what each rank is allowed to do the purpose of each and the privileges.

"Are there any questions?"

Naruto raised his hand.

"Yes Naruto what is it"

"Are we required to climb every rank to reach hokage!"

"Wow he's still on about that!?"

"Quiet Kiba as for your question no not exactly back in Hashirama's time there weren't any ranks to become hokage it takes recognition, respect,power, reputation and usually you have to be voted in or the previous hokage will pass the job onto you if your worthy also there's a lot of hard work going into the position"

"Wow that sounds like a lot but I'm sure I can still make it!"

"It's good that you have confidence in that now everyone let's go outside for some friendly sparring"

"You know we're grading them in that too Iruka"

"Yes but it doesn't make it any less of that"

The whole class walked outside in the back of the academy.

"Hm finally let's see if Tobirama knew what he was doing"

"Don't place your expectations to high their still kids after all"

"Hn that's no excuse but fine"

"Alright let's start with Shino and Kiba"

Both of them walked in the center of the dirt patch.

"The only rules are to not use lethal force and show respect to your opponent"

"Relax Iruka there's no way these kids would go that far"

"Yes but I have to give them out"

"Sure but the rules are a bit outdated"

"But they work"