Chapter 1

A/N:

Sen Çal Kapimi has inspired me to write again—with the EdSer love story and the HanKer chemistry, my brain just blew up with a million ideas like rainbow confetti! It has actually been more than 10 years since I wrote a fanfic. I'm not even sure I still know how to write one, but I hope you guys enjoy the story.

Anyway, please comment whatever thoughts or ideas you may have. I do have a storyline set out but I'm open for anything!

Thank you, all!

—-----

This story picks up from episode 30, minus the part where Eda announces her engagement to Deniz. I really hate that part by the way.

—-----

Eda descends from the stairs as Serkan stares intently at her. He held on to his chest, feeling his heart getting heavier and seemed to have been beating faster. A memory flashes in his head of their engagement party, him entering the room and finding Eda in a beautiful yellow dress. He took a deep breath and blinked away whatever went through his mind.

They walked towards Eda, who was now beside Deniz at the foot of the stairs, preparing for the presentation. "Eda." Selin smiled, scanning Eda from head to toe.

"Selin." Eda responded irritably, but smiled. "Serkan." She turned to look at him and saw that he was staring at her. Examining every bit of her. She was taken aback with his look of interest.

Selin had caught this and lightly coughed, which brought Serkan back to his senses. "If you may, we'll get out of the way so you can start with your presentation. Kolay iş." She fakely smiled, which Eda reciprocated as they walked away.

The night went on as the presentation was a success. The client, Ms. Pelin was happy to see that what Art Life had presented was better than what she had envisioned. She walked towards Eda who was at the foot of the stairs, ending the presentation by thanking the Art Life team.

"Tebrik ederim! It was better than expected. Nothing but the best from you and your team, Eda Hanim." Ms. Pelin hugged Eda who was not shocked at the gesture. Eda had been closely working with Ms. Pelin for the past month and the two had gotten a little close. "I'll go and congratulate Serkan bey as well."

Ms. Pelin walks towards Serkan and Selin who were meeting her half way. "Tebrik ederim, Serkan bey." She extends her hand and Serkan shakes it. "I understand that you had just been back but I wanted to congratulate you on having such a backbone(team)—especially, Eda. I've been working with her for a month now and everything she does is just amazing." She exclaims.

Selin uncomfortably smiles and this does not go unnoticed to Ms. Pelin. "Oh and Tebrik ederim, I heard that you two are engaged."

"Mhm." nodded Serkan and gave a small half smile.

"What a whirlwind love life you have, Serkan bey. I understand that you were supposed to get married to Eda Hanim, but it seems you've had a change of heart." Ms. Pelin said, intrigued by the twisted situation that had recently come to light through the media.

Hearing this made Serkan look towards a shocked and hurt Eda who was just an earshot behind Ms. Pelin. He stared at Eda until Deniz had gotten her attention—his brows furrowed at the sight but then smiled at Selin as she responded to Ms. Pelin.

"I don't think we should talk about the past when everything moves so quickly towards the future." Selin smiled at Ms. Pelin, which the latter reciprocated. "Görüşürüz, Pelin Hanim."

"Görüşürüz." said Ms. Pelin as she picked up her purse and congratulated Serkan again and lastly waved goodbye to Eda and she motioned towards the door, exiting Art Life.