Chapter 11

The little baby inside of Eda was his. Serkan was going to be a dad. He couldn't understand what he was feeling—it was a mix of joy and nervousness.

He took his phone and called his best friend. "Engin, I'm going to be a dad." He immediately said after Engin picked up.

"Evet, Abicim." Engin already knew this.

"I'm...going to be...a dad." He repeated, realization slowly sinking in.

Am I ready for this? That was the only thing that ran through his mind the entire night.

—-------------

The following morning, the news had spread that Serkan was the father of Eda's baby—no one really doubted it, only Serkan and Selin. But now that it was confirmed, the craziness just doubled.

A lot of congratulations came both their way. Eda was happy to thank them while Serkan felt a little awkward about it—although still saying thank you.

Serkan was at the office upstairs with Eda, working on some project approvals—everytime she was upstairs, he'd go to her instead of having her come to him. He thought that it would be more convenient for her and Eda appreciated this a lot.

Ring...Ring...Ring...

Eda and Serkan were on the couch when a phone call interrupted their conversation—it was Eda's. "Sorry, let me just take this."

"Alo?" Eda answered. "Sorry, I totally forgot. I'll be on my way." She said before ending the call.

"Umm...you going somewhere?" Serkan asked.

She was hesitant to answer him, but did anyway. "Evet...umm...I have a doctor's appointment."

"For the baby?"

"Uhh...evet." It felt awkward and Eda didn't know why.

"Oh..." There was silence between them before Serkan asked, "...can I go with you?"

Eda didn't know what to say at Serkan's sudden offer. Again, silence engulfed them as he waited for her answer, but she didn't say anything. "It's okay if you don't want to—"

"Yok, yok." She cut him off. "It's...it's okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Evet." She said, not looking at him. She felt shy, like a teenager going on a first date.

"Uhh...we can take my car." He said awkwardly, not knowing what to really say. Eda nodded as she collected her stuff and they went down the stairs.

As they passed through the hallway and the lobby, a few people congratulated them...

"Tebrik ederim, Eda Hanim and Serkan bey."

"I'm sure you'll have a beautiful baby!"

"Tebrik ederim!"

Eda blushed at their compliments, seeing this made Serkan smile at her adoringly. Unbeknownst to them, Selin saw this—she quickly walked towards them.

"Serkan, where are you going?" She asked. Other people seeing this felt awkward as the three of them stood in the lobby, looking at each other, and knowing the situation they are in—Eda pregnant with Serkan's baby and Selin being his fiancee.

"Eda has a doctor's appointment for the baby and I'll be going with her." He answered.

"What about the—"

"This is more important." He cut her off. Eda now, felt awkward, feeling the tension building.

"Peki."