Chapter 13

"Are you all set?" Serkan asked.

"Evet." Eda nodded. "Teşekkürler."

"Tamam. Do you want anything specific for lunch?" He asked.

"Yok. Anything is fine." She answered and Serkan nodded before leaving Eda's room for the kitchen.

It had been one day since she moved into his house and it was still awkward between them. Being in the same house they had their unexpected night in was not making it any easier. For Eda, yesterday was better than today as Serkan had to leave for work  in the morning before the unpacking was done, and had come home at 9PM to her already asleep. However, today...Serkan had decided to work from home.

"Eda, lunch is ready." He knocked on her door but didn't get an answer so he opened it and saw Eda fast asleep on the bed.

She must've been tired from our last unpacking this morning. He thought. As much as he didn't want to disturb her, she had to eat. He sat beside her—a small gap between her belly and her legs—on the edge of the bed and lightly tapped on her arm to wake her.

"Eda..."

"Hmm..."

"Eda..." She opened her eyes to Serkan, slightly leaning into her ear. "Hadi. Let's have lunch."

She nodded as she blinked her eyes awake. Serkan grabbed her hand to help her up and she smiled. "Teşekkürler."

Eda was surprised when she walked out to the living room to see that the food was set on the dining table. Serkan barely used this area for eating as he would usually eat with Aydan, eat out or in the living room.

"Dining room? Interesting change of setting." She commented.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you'll have a hard time on the couch so I set them in the dining room." He said, making Eda smile in amusement.

"Hadi. It smells so good." She said as she walked up to the table, ready to eat for two.

As they finished eating, Serkan suddenly cleared his throat. "Uhh...I was thinking of watching a movie later...after we do some work. What do you think?" He looked at her, hopeful.

"That sounds nice." She smiled.

For just a day, they have been adjusting well to living together. They have not set boundaries, oddly enough, but they did both avoid the topic of their night together—especially Serkan. No matter how much he wanted to talk about his feelings, he didn't want to risk it. Eda's smile right now was too valuable.

Afternoon blew like the wind, fast. Serkan had let Eda occupy his office as it was much more comfortable for her, while he worked outside at the patio. Their afternoon was filled with calls, meetings, and emails—nothing new. The only different thing was that Serkan was able to finally glance at Eda, just like how he would in the office, after months of not seeing her.

Unbeknownst to Eda, he would look at her every now and then. Amazed at the focus and drive she had for work, and at the same time she would casually stroke her belly and smile, also making Serkan smile.

It was now 7 in the evening and they were getting ready to watch a movie. Serkan had prepared popcorn for them—he was initially confused on why he was preparing one for himself too, when he knew that he did not eat them. However, something in him said that he already has. He just shook his head and headed back to the living room.

"Evet...here's the popcorn." He handed the bowl to Eda and took a seat next to her and pressed play to start the movie.

In the middle of the movie, Eda suddenly gasped, holding onto her belly, making Serkan worried. "Neden? Ne oldu?" He asked, panic in his voice.