Chapter 5

Selin was in deep thought as she tapped a fingernail on her phone, making a ticking sound. She rang Serkan's phone again.

The call went straight to voicemail. She gripped her phone tightly and took a deep breath.

—------

Serkan opened the door to his house and found Selin sitting on the couch. He quietly took a deep breath as she stood up to meet him straight in the eyes.

"Where have you been, Serkan?" asked Selin but Serkan didn't respond. "I've been trying to call you for an hour now." He had turned off his phone before going to Deniz's store—he didn't know why but he just did.

"Are you just gonna stay silent?" Selin was getting irritated at Serkan's silence.

"Selin. I'm tired. I had a long day." he said as he sat down, closed his eyes and massaged his forehead.

She raised her eyebrow at him and took a deep breath. "Peki."

"Will you be staying?" he asked, looking up at her.

"Yok. I still have some stuff to do." She grabbed her bag, signaling that she was leaving.

"Tamam." He stood up to bid goodbye as she was headed for the door but she suddenly turned around to look at him.

"Did you have dinner already?" she asked, curious.

"Evet. I've eaten."

"Peki." Selin looked at him with speculating eyes but he did not notice. She kissed his cheek and he reciprocated. "İyi geceler, Serkan."

"İyi geceler, Selin." He closed the door and went to his room.

—-------

As soon as Selin arrived home, she opened a bottle of wine and poured some on a glass before sitting on the couch and staring at the fireplace. She took a sip while lightly thumbing the side of the glass.

Earlier that afternoon...

Selin entered Serkan's office looking for him but he was not there. "Leyla?" She called out.

"Efendim, Selin Hanim?" Leyla responded.

"Serka nerede?"

"I am not sure...he does not have anything scheduled for this afternoon." she responded after looking at Serkan's calendar.

"Peki." Selin was about to walk away when Leyla spoke again.

"Ama...Serkan bey did ask me earlier where Eda Hanim went."

Selin, intrigued, asked. "...and where did Eda go?"

"She mentioned going to Deniz's store." Selin lightly snorted at this information.

"Teşekkürler, Leyla." said Selin as she walked away.

"My pleasure." Leyla suddenly realized that she just gave out where Eda and Serkan are, and possibly lost the chance of giving them a time together.

She put a hand on her head, disappointed at what she had done, then looked at Erdem while flinging her hand. "Ya Erdem, this is because of you!"

Erdem, who had no idea what was going on and what had happened, asked her. "Ne?"

Selin rode a taxi to Deniz's store and indeed saw Serkan's car parked on the side. She took a deep breath and tried to ring his phone—it went to voicemail. She threw her phone on the passenger's seat with frustration as she looked at Serkan talking to Eda, who smiled at something he said or did.