Chapter 6

Eda stormed into Serkan's office and shouted at him. "Do you even have any kind of care towards others' feelings, Serkan Bolat?!"

This made Engin and Serkan look at Eda confused. She raised her hand to show the article on her phone and it read 'Eda Yildiz, taking over Art Life, leaving Serkan Bolat in ashes. Was this her main plan all along?'

"There's more where that came from." She said, referring to the articles as she swiped on her phone. One of them read, 'Eda Yildiz, with no diploma, signs 3 major projects' and another, 'Eda Yildiz and Serkan Bolat argue over company control', then 'Serkan Bolat and Selin Atakan leaves Eda Yildiz out of engagement party'.

She put her phone down and looked at Serkan with rage. "I never wanted your money! I never wanted any of this! The shares, the holding, the company...I wanted none of it!" She shouted as she took one step each word towards Serkan. "Take it! Take it all!"

Serkan stood up, put one hand on his hip and held out his hand to say something. "I—"

"No. You don't get to explain yourself." She poked a finger to his chest, hard enough to make him step back. "Just run along with your soon-to-be wife and leave me out of all of this!!" She shouted so hard that you could see a vein popping on her neck.

Eda furiously walked out and left Serkan and Engin speechless. Melo tried to run after Eda but she did not turn to look at her friend. She just had one thing in her mind—to leave.

Melo stopped at the lobby of Art Life, looking at her best friend walking away. She then looked at Leyla and Erdem who had followed her, and spoke with worry. "This is not good."

The trio went back to the office and found that Selin had walked into Serkan's office. It was obvious what it was going to be about.

"What is this, Selin?" He sternly asked her. "How did this kind of article got out? Are you not the PR Manager of this company?" He questioned her.

"What are you trying to say, Serkan?"

"Then tell me, Selin, how did the journalists get a hold of all this information? Because I don't even know what to think anymore!" He exclaimed.

"Bilmiyorum!" Selin obviously knew.

"Arkadaşlar, sakin ol. Sakin." Engin raised his hands to each of them as if to calm them down.

"Do you know how damaging this is for the company?!" Serkan exclaimed towards Selin. He may have been concerned about the company's image but deep down, he was worried about Eda, too.

"Biliyorum, Serkan...and I will try my best to see what I can do to get these removed." She said, putting a hand on Serkan's arm.

Selin was clearly not going to do anything to clean up the articles. It was her very intention that all are published. She had met Fatma yesterday to talk about this as she wanted to target Eda and paint her in a bad light. She had also missed the dinner she was supposed to have with Serkan because Fatma had suggested they make finalizations at the journalist's office so the articles can go out as soon as the next day—and so it did.

—---------

Eda walked out of Art Life, not knowing where to go—she just wanted some fresh air so she kept walking and walking until she found herself at the park. She took a seat at one of the benches and sighed.

A man who had been sitting a few meters from her, heard her sigh. "Isn't it calming? Sitting at the park, looking at the trees as their leaves danced with the wind." He said, smiling at her.

"Efendim?" Eda looked at him, confused, as she didn't know who he was.

He turned his body to face her and smiled before saying, "Mehmet Murat İldan had said, 'By staying calm, you increase your resistance against any kind of storms.'"