Prologue

Long ago there was a kingdom named Wysteria, that sat above the most beautiful vally and below majestic moutains. They gave protecttion in the northern lands. A deep wooded forest resided on the north west side. The rest were open fields reveling in the vally's natural beauty.

Near the center of it all is where the castle stood proudly. The castle town was as lively as ever. Where the those of wealth and those of poverty lived in harmony. In fact social status hardly meant a thing to the people. Working together and creating a home for future generations.

Thanks to the kingdom's ruler King Horace the third, the land prospered for many years to come. Horace was known to be a great leader. Caring for his people and did his best to keep the peace. However some feared his kind nature as weakness. Secretly working behind his back for selfish gain.

The King was no fool. Banishing those who did harm and committed acts against the laws of Wysteria. Every decision weighed on in his heart in matters like these. But continued to do what was right and followed his heart through the darkest of circumstances. Along with logic and common sense of course.

Although he did everything to not cause his subjects strife, a life changing event couldn't be avoided. In another neighboring kingdom, Stein, to whom they were allies with, was at war with another more rogue 'kingdom' made up of villanious types who sought nothing but revenge and or bloodshed.

Tantibus was the name of the place. Living amongst ruins of a fallen castle. All who dared to enter their land was soon met with strife and turmoil. Those who lived in Tantibus knew that harmony wasn't an option between the people. But the morbid respect they gained through revenge or wanting such was the thin thread that kept everything together. Wysteria was not immune to Tantibus' fury. Since a few individuals that were banished, resided in their new shadowy home.

No matter the choice, they would be after their harmonious land yet, in full force once they grew tired of battling Stein. With heart full of sorrow for the friends and for his people, King Horace announced their allegance to fight in the war. Most of Wysteria joined in without a second thought. Fear did enter their minds but trusted in their ruler more so.

Soon the day of their departure came to pass. King Horace who decided to lead his troops, left in charge his nephew Prince Mortimer. A consequence that would soon spread shadows. With an oath to return, he left his kingdom behind. Many hoped for safe return and many glorious victories. The war left many marks upon the land and the hope of the Wysteria faded little by little.

A year passed since the great departure of heroes. Both men and women who were more than capable to fight leaving behind mothers, children, elderly individuals and those who continued to keep Wysteria thriving. No longer were there joyous merriment in the streets. Instead empathetic smiles, days filled with sorrow and worry with very little reports about what was happening.

Until one day a message arrived from the battlefield. People gathered around the castle entrance, awaiting for Prince Mortimer to appear above them and announce the news. Awaiting with baited breath as he stepped forward into the daylight. A face filled with a mixture of emotions. The news equally so.

The seemingly endless war had finally reached its conclusion, they had won. Tantibus was no was defeated. But what should've been a victory, lead to a day full of grieving, mourning hearts. Their price for ending the battle came at a grave shock to all as Mortimer continued the grave news. One no one would ever want to hear.

"Today we mourn the loss of our beloved king. Who fought bravely in battle for us all and our ally Stein. But never fear. After today, I, Prince Mortimer, will be your new ruler of Wysteria. In accordance with my uncle's dying wish. Today we will give respects. Tomorrow I will take the throne as your new king. I promise you are all in safe hands."

And that's exactly what happened. For the rest of the day the people thought of nothing else but the late king. Accepting their new ruler honoring his wishes. Many tears shed, dark clouds surrounded the kingdom as the rain fell. The morning soon came and so began King Mortimer's reign.