Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Three years prior

"And there! All finished!" The young maiden exclaimed with pride as she snipped the last thread from her dear friends shirt.

"Wow! It looks as good as new, thanks Min!" Holding up the sleeve you couldn't even tell it was torn into a large tattered hole. Minnie blushed putting away the sewing thread and needle into her basket whilst her friend kept flailing his arm around to see how it looks in a different view.

"I owe it to Madame Clarabelle, she taught me everything about the art of a simple threaded needle."

"You have tons of talent Min. One day, you'll have your own Shoppe that those of high society and even royalty will gossip about in good light."

"Oh Mickey, thank you but I'm not that talented." Minnie shrugged, hands upon her lap looking down. Mickey reached out to place his own upon hers. Waiting till she glanced his direction to give her an encouraging smile. To which she responded in kind.

"Well ya made him look less like a simple delivery boy for sure." A third voice joined in, standing up from back against the brick wall. Mickey squinted in annoyance, hands to his hips, smirking a mere second later as he pulled out a wooden sword from his side. Careful as to not accidentally hit his dear friend next to him.

"Oswald if ya wanted a rematch-"

"Let's go delivery boy!" Wasting no time in drawing his own wooden sword, took his stance immediately.

"Whatever baker boy." Mickey teased as he prepped himself in the same stance. Minnie sighed shaking her head before lifting her feet to stand up upon the fountains outer rim. Holding up a delicate handkerchief in the air, giggling before announcing.

"The winner of the tournament will win the lovely maidens hand." She teased mockingly with the back of her hand upon her forehead. Dramatically sighing whilst fanning herself. Both swordsman circled around the area once before finally going in for the attack.

The clashing of wood echoed throughout the small part of the square. Jumping back over obstacles, moving methodically whilst never looking away from their opponent. It was becoming quite the spectacle as a few people came to witness the event. Minnie stepped down, growing a bit concerned once Mickey hit his back against the wall. Oswald's weapon, blade to the side, against his neck.

"Surrender?"

"Why? I win." Mickey stated with fierce determination, taking advantage of Oswald's brief moment of confusion to grab his weapon and kick him away. Bending over in slight pain, tried reaching for the weapon Mickey had dropped moments prior. But his friend was too fast as he held up the blades, one higher than the other, aiming them downwards.

"You-" Oswald grumbled before bowing his head in surrender. The small crowd cheered for the champion of the match. But Mickey didn't hear. Kneeling down, placing the swords down, held out a hand.

"I'm sorry for kicking ya so hard bud." Oswald shot his head up and rolled his eyes with a smirk. Accepting his friends offer. A bit annoyed but not from loosing.

"Mickey, Mickey, Mickey. Ya never change do ya. If I had a hidden dagger it would be through your heart right now." Standing up he folded his arms, gut a bit sore from it all. "Don't let your guard down around your opponent."

"Oswald, if I can't fight fairly, then what's the point. Other than not dying to which that's life or death situation."

"It's not that different Mick. I-" Shaking his head he just smirked. "Thanks for the rematch, you did well...for a delivery boy." Mickey wanted to talk more about what he was trying to say. But didn't push it further since it didn't feel like Oswald was in the mood to do so.