Reunion

Falling through the trapdoor was like going down the rabbit hole. Taking ones breath away for a brief few seconds. Minnie didn't know what to expect. The sensation of the cold waters, that soon enveloped them, made her loose her grip. Once Mickey gained his bearings, quickly pulled Minnie out from the water and over onto a stone surface. Gently patting her back as she coughed and began to breath at a more calming pace.

"Are you alright?" He asked, pulling her closer in his arms. His hand cradling her head against his shoulder. His other around her waist. Minnie nodded slowly encircled her arms around his neck.

"Are you-?" Another cough emerged, unable to finish her sentence.

"Yes, but we still have to keep moving." He explained knowing that they we're out of danger just yet. Captain Pete and his henchmen would be down her soon enough.

"Let's go" Minnie stated, both pulling away for just a moment. Slowly lifting off the ground, her legs began to wobble. After all that happened her strength was fleeting. Mickey reacted quickly, able to recover a bit faster from experience. Gently bending down slightly, lifted her up into his arms. Minnie instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck once more.

Once she was settled he quickly rushed through the catacombs and navigated out by the garden secret entrance. There waiting was Oswald, hidden in the brush. Waiting to give the signal to their companions ready to release the next phase of their plan in case anyone followed them.

"Glad too see ya again Minnie." Oswald stated with a friendly smile. "Hope ya don't mind we kidnapped ya."

"Oswald! I'm so happy to see you alive too-" Her eyes shot right at the mechanical arm he wore. He laughed with a sigh, used to peoples reactions like that.

"Long story, but let's get us outta here first." Holding up a small piece of glass in the air, catching the light off the torches towards a tree on the other side of the wall. On the more southwest side of the palace.

Goofy blinked and squinted at the light as Donald watched the castle with much intent. Seconds passed before he realized the light was the signal. As it shined in a morose code at the tree.

"Donald"

"Not now Goofy. We have a signal to be out on the look out for."

"Donald!"

"You gotta stay sharp-" Taking his stubborn friends shoulders turned him towards the light. Donald then realized and quickly slid down the tree. There below was a small little toy shooter that would make the noise for the cattle to charge at the solders. Once they were in place.

And that's exactly what happened.

Mounting their steeds and holding onto the others horses, raced towards the outside of the garden wall. Where the trio rushed out through a secret door and in a swift motion. Mickey placed Minnie first before mounting.

"Where are we going?" Minnie asked as they began to head out into the cover of the forest shadows and trees.

"To our current residence. There you'll be safe with us until this whole mess is over with." Mickey explained, casually moving the cape around her. Noticing that she was shivering from the unexpected swim.

Once back at the mansion, Donald and Goofy tended the horses and did a perimeter check, just in case. Oswald went to find Scrooge and Ludwig to give his report of what happened. Mickey ushered Minnie inside the parlor where he made sure she was unharmed. Once that was settled she threw herself in his embrace.

"Minnie?"Mickey asked a bit taken aback from her sudden notion. Now that they had a moment to relax, the wall that held back all she felt finally broke away. So many questions left unanswered. But knowing he was alive made her feel overjoyed above all else.