❏ six : : ❜

"Ma, what if I pour coffee on a customer on my first day?"

As usual, Eunseo only has her mother in mind when it comes to whining and ranting. Unlike the majority of people she has seen of her age, she actually has the best relationship with her mom, her being the first and most important best friend in her life. Frankly, she thinks her mother doesn't share the same sentiment and is rather tired of her useless babbling.

"Why would you even think of that?" Her mother's tired sigh resonates from the other side of the phone.

"Have you never heard of first day jitters?" Eunseo groans in response.

"It's not even something that matters that much. You didn't even need to take on this job, you should have just focused on your internship."

"I need the money. Who's gonna pay the bills?" Eunseo states the obvious, looking at the wall clock one more time.

"Your pa and I already offered to send you allowance!"

"I'm an adult now, ma! I can't just leech off of you two. I mean, I can, but I just prefer not to," she makes it clear. "Anyways, I gotta go, my shift starts in a few."

"When are you gonna get home?"

"Around ten, I think," she manages to reply before hanging up the phone. "Okay bye now!"

At first, she had thought to pick out a proper outfit for her first day, but then she realized she would have to put on the uniform there anyway.

But dressing up is still important.

Yes, she thought that too. But the day has been too crowded with the internship program that she barely got time to herself to think what she was going to wear, so she ended up wearing what she wearing the whole day, not bothering to change at all.

Lee Eunseo. She always thought her name would look nice in printed letters. That was what started her fascination with magazines, newspapers, vlogs. On her mind there was only one thing, one day her written column would be on the first page of some hotshot paper.

But obviously, things are never that easy. You can't just snatch a position at an established company without any experience, even though she has tried convincing the interviewers plenty of times that she has the talent for it. But skills don't make the cut where there is no experience to back you up.

The internship is a blessing, though it is at a company far lower than she hopes for, which primarily circulates around Thirteen New Ways to Please Your Partner and How to Dress Fashionably in Winter. She would never diss the people that still read those, but she wants to write about more pressing matters.

So now her life revolves around printing useless papers in the office and then going around for part time job interviews to pay her bills. The new job at the cafe is the first one to ever call her back.