❏ eighteen : : ❜

"Hello?" Eunseo asks, waiting for an answer but there is none

"Hello?" Eunseo asks, waiting for an answer but there is none. "Who's this?" She asks again, her feet tapping the floor as she is eager to get back to the living room, wanting to find out who Shuhua's gift was from.

A prerecorded voice answers instead, wishing her Merry Christmas and then proceeds to let her know of the discount they offer for Christmas. Annoyed to no end, Eunseo ends the call before she's able to listen to all of the ongoing offers and storms back into the living room, taking her place between Shuhua and Jaemin.

"So who was it?" She asks.

"Renjun," Shuhua answers, causing Eunseo to lean back with a hand on her chest. "Wow," she exclaims. Turning to Renjun, she says, "I'm impressed. How'd you get this idea?"

"What can I say?" Renjun sighs dramatically. "I'm just a better friend than you are."

"I'm just a better friend than you are," Eunseo repeats his words mockingly and rolls her eyes.

"You're just jealous that I beat you in the secret Santa game," he retorts.

"We don't know that yet. You haven't even seen my turn."

"Whatever it is," he says, "You can't top mine."

Eunseo once again mimics him and replies, "We'll see about that."

Jisung claps his hands and speaks, "Who's next?"

"Renjun," Jaemin replies, "Since we're going in reverse alphabetic order."

Renjun's face visibly darkens as he realises he won't have the opportunity to cross out the options for him to guess correctly, as he is uselessly competitive in such trivial matters.

"No one's gonna give you a trophy for guessing it right," Eunseo blankly states, "Give up the heartbroken act and open the gift," she adds.

Renjun's brows quirk up at her tone and he immediately starts theorising. "Why are you so eager for me to open my gift? Is it from you?" He points his forefinger to her with his brows raised.

Eunseo simply stares back at him in silence, eyes unblinking and hidden underneath was a menacing and threatening glare that Renjun couldn't yet point out. It takes him several seconds of staring at each other before recalling the fact that Eunseo was somebody else's secret Santa. His brows straighten instantly when he realises his mistake and he draws back his finger. "Never mind, it'd be too obvious," he attempts to act reasonable.

Jaemin sees through the act and ends up trying to contain his knowing smirk. Just then Renjun flares up again and yells, "Is it you, grandpapi?"

Jaemin is as taken aback as the others by the sudden attack. "What- huh?"

"Bitch you haven't even opened the gift yet," Eunseo slaps his finger down and adds another light hit to his head. "Did you fucking steal Mimi's stash or something? Cause you sure as hell aren't acting sober."