❏ nine : : ❜

The moment Eunseo gets out of the office, she has only a couple of minutes to herself before having to rush into the café

The moment Eunseo gets out of the office, she has only a couple of minutes to herself before having to rush into the café. While work itself is helping her to stay occupied, today is a bit different.

For today, she will not only do her job, but also help her boss perfect a lie for his friends. Why? Because she fucked and now she owes him a favour. Out of all the favours one could ask, Na Jaemin of course had to ask this of her, when Eunseo cannot hold in her laughter in serious situations for the sake of her life. How is she supposed to keep up the act when his friends corner her about this made up girlfriend of Jaemin? Her primary mission will be to not crack up in the midst of lying.

"You're awfully jittery today," Yunjin comments as Eunseo hands out the orders to her, seeing her shaken.

"It's nothing," Eunseo answers, putting on a forced smile, her eyes sneaking a glance at the closed door of the manager's office, wondering when she will be called in there.

Although, will she be? She assumes it would be rather suspicious if Jaemin called her in his office in the midst of a busy wave for no concrete reason. Eh, he's the one with a mission. Why should I care?

Just on cue, her phone buzzes inside her pocket.

"Did you get something just now?" Yunjin asks.

"It can wait, I'm in the middle of working right now," Eunseo shrugs it off and gets the orders going, delivering each of them to the exact customers.

As time goes by, Eunseo gets tired with each passing second. She hasn't been able to rest well since morning, due to being an intern and having a job with evening shift. Days can easily get hectic. But oddly enough, Eunseo finds the system to be beneficial for her. Working till the day dies is sure an effective way to get her mind off unwanted thoughts.

Some days, she thinks maybe she is, in simple terms, overreacting. It's not a big deal to get your heartbroken. It's something ninety percent of people will encounter in their life, it's inevitable. Of course, a huge part of pop culture is based on heartbreak. Movies, shows, songs, anything, you name it.

But over the glossed out representation, people tend to forget each person has their own way to deal with it. And Eunseo? Well, she's never been really good at handling her emotions.

The girl was known to be a crybaby during her childhood in her family. People always assume it to be some sort of insult. She used to too, until one day she came to accept the fact that she simply feels too much. And it's not a flaw, it never was.

As cherry on top, the guy she lost her heart to has been by her side ever since she was a kid.

Each and every core memory she has, he is in them. Her first scar? He shares it with her. Her first bicycle ride? She had to cry to let him ride on his new bicycle his parents had bought him. Her first kiss? Him too. They laughed about it, called it practice. Her first time confessing? It had to be him as well. Her first heartbreak? You guessed it.