❏ seven : : ❜

"Holy shit," Eunseo mutters under her breath as her eyes take in the looming figure

Social media is unironically called one dimensional. Eunseo takes pride in her online stalking skills, anyone who has the luck to catch her attention, she will most definitely stalk them. Na Jaemin wasn't an exception to that. The day after their unplanned group chat, Eunseo had stalked every single one of their accounts, starting with Na Jaemin. Not because she was attracted, although he is attractive, it was because he seemed the most bothered by her presence.

The pictures on his instagram account had made her question why he looked so friendly while his behaviour towards her certainly wasn't. But now standing in front of him, she can see the similarity between his behaviour and his expression, for he sure looks pissed off.

"Can I help you?" She blabbers out the one thing she has been taught to ask whenever someone is standing across the counter.

"Eunseo, that's our manager," she feels Yunjin tug at her apron and whisper, though her words are loud enough for everyone to hear.

Okay, now that, she didn't expect.

Living in the same city, it's not unusual for her to stumble upon him at work. But she imagined him being a customer, certainly not her superior.

"Uh, I," she stammers before clearing her throat, "I'm sorry, sir. I didn't know. It won't happen again," she throws out any sentences she finds relevant to the current situation.

"What are you apologizing for?" He asks instead, his voice deeper than she had expected it to be.

"I don't—"

"Is that how you are gonna act?" He throws another question her way before she's able to answer. "If a customer harassed you, would you apologize to them too?"

"No—"

"Then why did you? That was a hypothetical question by the way," he clears his throat. "Just because I am in a position higher than yours, does not mean you have to suck up to whatever I say or do, you should be aware of yourself," he finishes, "Miss Lee."

"Yes, sir," she nods.

Eunseo wonders to herself if he is intentionally acting this way for how she acted towards him online. But the suspicion is cut short when she hears him nitpicking another employee.

"Is he a bitch to everyone?" She whispers to Yunjin, who's been standing there watching the whole time.

"No, it's just," she shakes her head, "On the first day, he asked me and another employee how much experience we have, and then proceeded to ask what kind of treatment we expect from him."

Eunseo silently nods, urging her to continue.

"We told him that he shouldn't be too laid back, and that we'd appreciate it if he told us what we were doing wrong face to face, and we also asked him to compromise a little on the universal rule."