Chapter 31

"I would have thought that being in England would have given you time to get your head out of your ass." Scott glared at Jackson.

Jackson sighed. "I get where you're coming from but this is what happened to me. I lost control of myself and got cocky and turned into a fucking monster. I don't want that happening to Stiles. I know it wasn't the best way to go about it but I don't want anything bad happening to him. He's a good person."

Everyone stared at Jackson in shock.

"You do know that Derek is going to want to rip your head off, right?" Cora spoke up. "You provoked his mate, he's going to be feeling very protective over him."

Jackson sighed again as he spoke. "Yeah, I know. I'm prepared for that."

"Jackson, you have an interesting mind." Scott sighed exasperatedly, running a hand over his face. "I have a feeling Stiles will be sleeping to recover so let's just head inside and relax while he sleeps."

Everyone nodded but before they could move, Deaton spoke up. "I've got to head back to the clinic. I'm going to stop there with Stiles for today, he'll need the rest. He's gone through a lot so he'll be feeling pretty out of it for the next couple of days, especially with that little burst of power. I'll bring something by later on to help keep his mind settled." He pointedly looked at Jackson who glowered and looked away.

Scott nodded. "We'll make sure that he gets his rest."

Deaton smiled. "Good. I'll see you later." He said, looking at all of the pack before he got in his car and drove away. The pack then headed inside and into the living room.

Scott shook his head as he thought about the events that just transpired. He understood where Jackson was coming from but he definitely could have executed it better. "I'm gonna go see Derek and Stiles." Scott said, kissing Malia before getting up from his seat. "Keep an eye on them?"

"Of course." She smiled. Scott nodded and headed upstairs. He gently knocked on the door to Derek's bedroom and waited for a reply.

"Come in." He heard Derek speak softly. Scott gently opened the door and walked in. he smirked when he saw the set up.

"Hm. Very romantic." He chuckled in a soft voice, seeing Stiles asleep.

Derek smiled. "It helped him fall asleep faster." He said softly, his soft and loving gaze settling on his boyfriend as he watched him sleep. He then looked at Scott. "I heard what Jackson said."

"Ah. I was wondering if you did."

"I will be talking to him. One on one." Derek warned.

"Just don't hurt him too badly."

"I'll try not to. But he will need to apologise to Stiles. He really wore himself out yelling at Jackson."

"Yeah, I think the whole pack will make sure he does. Lydia is definitely mad at him."

Derek chuckled. "Why does that not surprise me." He hummed. Stiles made a sudden noise, his face starting to morph into a frown. Derek looked at him and kissed the side of his cheek, calming Stiles down. He relaxed instantly, settling back into peaceful sleep.

"You guys are definitely a good couple." Scott said softly.

"You think so?" Derek asked quietly, turning to look up at Scott. Scott has never seen such a look of vulnerability on his face before.

Scott nodded. "I know so. You've treated him like he's the most precious thing in the world. I can see how well you guys work together."

Derek smiled a little and returned to looking at Stiles. "He is the most precious thing in the world. I already can't imagine life without him."