Chapter 14- Dipper!

The next morning,
1st of September,
10.12 a.m.

Mabel has just had a shower. She dried her hair and put some comfortable clothes on. Before she could do anything else she heard a noise, rather a shout coming downstairs.

"I found it!"

Was that Ford? Deciding not to question it much Mabel made her way down the stairs.

Yes, Ford was holding a paper and Stan was next to him looking at the paper. She couldn't see what was writing.

"Uhh- guys what is that?"

She asked referencing to the paper,  both of their heads rose up but Ford spoke as kinda expected.

"We can get him back!"

He said, a little too excited although you couldn't blame him. Mabel squaled rushing to see the paper.

It was a blueprint of what seemed to be one of McGucket's inventions but simper.

"This is the blueprint"

Ford said, moving on.

"And this is it"

He said, showing out the machine just like in the blueprints. Stan also looked amazed as probably Ford didn't show him before.

"You're amazing Ford!"

"Nah, he is a nerd"

They all laughed. The door got knocked and she opened it. Soos and Wendy came in.

"We heared the news!"
Soos said.

"Let' go get 'im!"
Wendy squaled with an accent.

Dipper was watching(?) the TV in the living room. Mabel turned off it to get his attention but he was still looking at the now turned off TV, he wasn't watching.

"Dipper, Dipper to earth!"
Mabel said.

"I got dungeons, dungeons and more dungeons Dipper"
Ford said. Dipper blinked before looking at Ford, who seemed proud.

"How does this work exactly?"
Stan asked, pointing to the weird invention.

"Pretty simple, he is trapped inside his own mind now. This machine can remove anything from mind, like a memory, demon or a human"

"Cons?"
Wendy asked.

"He could not be able to sleep well for a while but it should die out"
Ford said, unsure some times.

"Ready?"
He asked with a smile.

They all shouted:
"Yes!"

"3...2...1..."

He triggered the what looking like gun machine. Soon a blue ray started to form between it and Dipper's head.

Seconds later it stopped and Ford put it away, simply placing it to the ground.

"Is it done?"

"Did it work?"

Nothing happened. Mabel got out of the room in a rush covering her watery eyes with her arm.

Wendy went upstairs to comfort her. Minutes later; Soos left, Stan went to sleep and lastly Ford went to his lab not believing it didn't work.

But in the middle of night it happened, Dipper was back. First he was confused about what happened. He coughed a couple times but saw no one in the Shack. So he went upstairs to hear a female crying, it was Mabel.

He softly smiled and went inside of the room. The girl seemed not to care about him nor did she see him with her current 'egg' position.

"Go away!"
She ordered. Dipper just shruggered and sat beside her.

"I told you to-!"
She looked up to see her brother next to her.

"Dipper? Dipper!"

She cried out more but hugged her brother widely taking and taking not leaving. Dipper welcomed the hug, it was the long waited reunion of the mystery twins, their other half.

"I am sorry..."
Mabel said, referencing to the leavel of the bubble. She didn't know what would happen.

"You have nothing to apologize"
Dipper reassured.

"No I do"

"For what actually?"

"First I tried to save you but messed up everything then I didn't listen to you"

"You forgot and you were excited. What matters is I am here now, the all choises we made brang us to this very second"

There was a silence after that, they enjoyed eachothers company. Mabel noticed Dipper was deep in thoughts.

"Hey, Dipper. Can you explain what happened with 'him' 'there'?"

She carefully choose her words not mentioning Bill or pyramid.

"Tomorrow Mabel, we both need sleep now"

"Ford said you were gonna have trouble sleeping"

"I'll be fine"

With that they both got into each of beds, same beds they were in years ago.
When they were just clueless kids...

Mabel slept while Dipper did not. He maybe was having trouble sleeping but that was not the case, he needed to do something.

He got out of his bed, out for a walk. For him, the black shade of the night nor the creatures hidden in the dark was scary anymore.

He sat down underneath a tree.

"Axolotl, I am here to make my decision"

He said confidently and a white light appeared in front of him.

"Mason Pines, choose wisely. You can't take back what you wished for"

A voice said, almost a whisper. Or even quieter than that. But Dipper was ready, he had made his decision.

"Take his powers, undo what he has done to the world and turn him to a human so he can experience what we felt and he could go afterlife"

"Undo what he has done to you?"

"No. What was done to me can't be fixed"

"Very well, Pines. You will be gifted"

With that, the light was gone. Dipper just sighed and watched the calm forest  with a smile. He missed this.

He didn't understand what was meant by a gift, but eventually he would. Maybe tomorrow maybe even closer than tomorrow.

He felt something unexpected on his left eye. He touched it, it was an eyepatch. It didn't have ropes around it to attach it to each sides. He didn't know how it got there or when it was put.

But it is the best to go to sleep now. After couple of steps he reached the house and walking upstairs being careful about not making a noise he found his bed. Finally he would sleep in a comfortable bed without being scared if he could make it out tomorrow. He whispered:

"Good night Mabel..."