Chapter Three - The Car

The next morning, I got up quite early, still thinking about the conversation I heard between Eli and his ex-girlfriend. I had a shower, got dressed and went down to breakfast. My dad was already up tackling the boxes and setting up the place. Even though we have a lot of money, we are very hands on and prefer doing a lot of things on our own. It is one of the reason my dad choose to be a veterinarian rather than take over the family business.

"Morning dad," I said as I went into the kitchen to start preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, Sweetheart, how did you sleep," he asked.

"Surprisingly, really good, but I did get up too early. How was your sleep?" I asked.

"I slept like a baby," he responded laughing.

I laughed and started preparing pancakes for breakfast. After breakfast I took Midnight out for a walk and he ran straight to the garden. I ran after him, hoping that there was no one around on the other side of the fence. As I was searching for Midnight, a voice startled me.

"Good morning Lily-Anne," he said.

I turned at looked up at Eli standing on his balcony with a cup in his hand and a Golden Retriever sitting by his feet.

"Hmmm, Good morning, Eli," I responded. "Beautiful dog."

"Ah, this is Zeus, he's really friendly," he replied.

I smiled as I said, "Well it's nice to meet you Zeus. You are super cute." I turned to find Eli smirking at me.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Is Zeus the only one you find cute?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

I stared at him and laughed. "Oh no, there is another person I find really cute," I said. "He has black hair and blue eyes and he's really the cutest thing ever," I smirked at him.

He looked at me with a smirk on his face like he was expecting me to say him.

I laughed just as Midnight ran up to me. I turned to Eli and smiled, "Meet the cutest guy ever, Midnight."

He looked at me and laughed. "You are sneaky," he responded. "But you are right, he is cute. Did you just get him?"

I picked up Midnight, and held him close. "Yes, he was a moving in present from my dad."

He looked at me hugging Midnight, and asked, "Was that your dad with you yesterday at the Ice cream parlour?"

"Yes," I smiled as I thought about how lucky I was to have an amazing dad who loved me unconditionally. I looked at my watch and realised that I need to start unpacking soon. I turned to Eli and said, "It was nice seeing you, Eli, but I best start unpacking." He looked at me and responded, "Nice to see you see you as well." I turned to go inside as Eli called out , "Wait Lilly-Anne, there's a party tonight, please say you will come with me. I can introduce to kids from our school. It will be really nice to have you there. Sorry, I forgot to ask, what year are you in?" I looked at him and wondered if I should go and maybe get a feel of the kids in this town. "I am a junior, and as much as I would love to join you, I have a lot of unpacking to do" I responded to him. He looked at me thoughtfully, "what if I helped you unpack, would that change your mind," he asked. I looked at him shocked, "you want to help me unpack, when you could be doing anything else?' I asked him. That is the sweetest thing any guy could have offered me, I thought. Did he feel the connection as well or is he just being sweet, I couldn't help thinking. He laughed as he responded, "well there are a few things but spending time with a beautiful girl beats it all." I looked at him with a smile, "I guess I will added charmer to your list of qualities, huh?" I asked him. He looked at me with a smile on his face as he said, "I only speak the truth Lily-Anne," he winked at me. I laughed at him as I hugged Midnight closer. "Well if you want to get your hands dirty, then we would love the help." He smiled, "Give me five minutes and I will be down." I smiled and nodded.