Chapter Five - Mean Girls

Eli and I was so into each other, we did not even notice the other guys sitting down or anyone walking up to us. We did not realise that everyone stopped talking and was staring at us and the new comers. I turned and looked up as I saw a shadow block the light from the fire. It was the girl from the other campfire that looked pissed off.

"What the hell is this, Eli?" she asked seething. "You break up with me and then you bring some tramp to our end of the year party?"

I could feel Eli shaking under me. I slowly stood up and stared at her. Eli jumped up and put his arm around my waist and pulled me against him. I looked at her with a smile on my face, "oh sweetheart, the only tramp I see here is the one in front of me, putting on a show no one cares about. Oh and darling, if I remember correctly, I believe you were over for a long time, isn't that right Eli?" I turned and looked at him over my shoulder.

He looked at me shocked but smiled down lovingly, "yes, you are right. She is not important." He looked at her, "Cara, I have told you over and over, we are done. And we have been for a very long time. In fact we were never really anything to begin with and I do not want to have anything to do with you. I told you we can be friends but you are pushing that and right now, I do not want to have anything to do with you." He pulled me closer to him, "Oh and Cara, if you ever call Lily-Anne a tramp again, we will have huge problems." He spun me around and pulled me to me, "gosh you standing up for yourself is the hottest thing ever."

I looked up at him, "well I am glad you think that."

I heard shuffling behind us as Cara's friends pulled her away. The other guys hooted and laughed. "Well I guess, I have made an enemy for life," I laughed.

The guys looked at me. "Eli is right, that was hot and trust me, many girls would love to tell the country queens off but no one has the guts to stand up against them," Isaac replied.

I looked at him strangely, "do people really call them the country queens? Because they are more like unwanted Sirens to me."

Caleb laughed, "wow, now that is the perfect name for them."

I turned to each of them slowly, "Ok, aside from this crazy dude here, who else dated them?"

Owen looked me sheepishly, "I dated Jean for a few months, but when she is away from the others, she is actually sweet."

Eli turned me to him, "please don't think bad of me. Because I am the quarterback and she is the head cheerleader, it just seemed like we had to date and everyone put pressure on me to ask her out. She was never my girlfriend. We just hung out and went to dances and parties together"

I looked at him and I was actually angry at him, "so because someone wanted you to do something, you decided to do it? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Did you even like her?"

He looked me shocked for a minute before he answered, "I liked her, like you would like a person, but not like you would like a girlfriend."

I removed myself from his arms took a step back. I realised that I really did not know the guy in front of me and I should not be so trusting. I could easily be that girl as well. "I need a drink," I said as I turned and walked away.

"Lily-Anne, wait please," Eli called out.

"Give me a few minutes," I replied.

I could see him pulling his hair clearly frustrated.

I walked back into the kitchen looking for a cooldrink, when a pretty girl with blonde hair and green eyes stopped me. She was tanned like Isaac. She was wearing a knee length green summer dress that matched her eyes.