Chapter Nine - Potions and Premonitions Untitled Part 10

It was a really nice warm day, with a cool breeze. I started down the road towards the town. It was a really nice, quaint little town with shops on either side. It was a typical hallmark movie setting, but it was really pretty. I instantly fell in love with the place. I walked around and found a cute souvenir shop. I decided to walk in so I can send some cute souvenirs back to Lucia. I realised I need to speak to my dad about getting her to come visit during the holidays. The store was so cute and had many things that said 'Welcome to Kentwood' or 'Home to the weird and wonderful'. I laughed out loud at how cute and crazy everything was. I saw a t-shirt that had 'I lost my best to the wood' and I had to get it for Lucia, I got a few other things for her and a few friends back home and left the store. The town was relatively quiet and I made a mental note to ask Eli what everyone got up to during the holidays. One of the shops caught my eye as I walked pass. It was called 'Potions and Premonitions'. After what Eli and I discovered last night, it looked really intrigued me, so I decide to go inside. The bell on the door jingled as I walked inside. It was eerie but really cool. I walked around the shop and was so amazed. It had everything supernatural that you read about or watch in the movies. There were love potions to slimming ones as well as potions to make someone's hair fall off. I picked up a book that said 'Potions for Dummies' and couldn't help laughing.

"I have been waiting for you for a very long time," came a voice behind me.

The book fell from my hand and I turned around startled. There stood an old lady with a pointy nose. She was shorter than me with greying hair and green eyes. She looked at me as if she was seeing a ghost. I picked up the book and put it back on the self.

I turned back to her, "I am sorry, do I know you?"

She looked me, "No, but I know of you Lillianna."

"Sorry, I think you have the wrong person. My name is Lily- Anne and I just recently moved here. I have never been here before."

She looked at me, "sorry child, I see more than you know. Come have a seat." She walked to the back of her store and sat at a table with a crystal ball. She pointed at the chair opposite her. I looked around confused as to what was going on. I decided to humour her and have a seat. She took my hand and placed it on the crystal ball. It start swirling with a mixture of bright colours. I felt a wind behind me but did not dare turn around.

"So the long lost child has finally returned home," she responded looking at the ball.

I looked at her confused, "I am sorry, what do you mean?"

She ignored me and carried on staring at the ball, like it had all the answers that she was looking for. I looked around her store trying to understand what I got myself into, when she suddenly jerked. She looked at me then back at the ball like she was trying to understand what she was doing. She suddenly let go of my hand and jumped up.

"This is wonderful," she clapped her hands and looked like it was Christmas.

"I am sorry, but who are you and what is going on?" I asked her. I got up and started taking a few steps back, wondering if she was losing her mind.

She walked around the table and stopped me. "I am sorry, I get a little carried away. My name is Marge and I can see the future."

I looked at her and burst out laughing. "You have got to be kidding me, I told her. There is no way you know what is going to happen."

She looked at me, "I know you do not believe me, but I am not from Kentwood. I got up one morning, a few years ago and felt like I needed to moved here. I had to uncover the truth about this place. And you Lilianna are the secret to it all."

I looked at her confused, "I am sorry, I do not know what you are talking about and I am not Lilianna. My name is Lily-Anne and I am not from here either." As I turned to walk away, she whispered something that made me stop.

"Did you find the diaries, Lilianna?"

I swung around so fast and asked her, "how do you know about the diaries?"

She smiled at me and said, "the truth will be revealed soon, Lilianna. Just make sure you believe in what is to come. You are going to change the world. But you need to decide if it would be for the better or worse. And you also need to remember you have an entire family behind you. So lean on them to make the right decisions and remember, everything happens for a reason. You are going to hurt a lot in the next few weeks, but lean on Eli to be your strength and to guide you to the truth." She walked towards the front of the store and looked out then turned back to me. "I am going to say something, but make sure you tell no one else until the time comes." She walks towards me and whispers these words, "the dark lord is looking for the Charmed ones, and together you need to defeat him. But make sure no one knows about him until it is time."

I took a step back and looked at her. I was scared because I actually believed her. Something was going on in this town but I had a feeling that no one really knew anything. And that what was written in the diaries Eli found was true. And we needed to read them again.

As I left the store, I ran into someone and would have fell if they did not grab my arms. I looked up and saw Jax smirking at me. He gave me very weird vibes so I slowly pulled myself away from him.

"Well sweetheart I did not expect you to literally fall for me," he laughed. "I would take just saying you want me."

I stared at him like he was crazy and wondered what was up with him. I smiled at him and replied, "Hello, Jax is it? How are you? Thank you for not letting me fall flat on my face. That would have been really embarrassing."

He looked at me and got that flirty, I get what I want look in his eyes. I took a step back slowly and looked across the road searching for an excuse to get away.

"I best go, I have to meet my dad. It was nice seeing you. Have a good afternoon."

I turned and walked as quickly as I could without looking like I was running away from him.

"Go on a date with me," he yelled.

I stopped and turned to look at him, trying to understand if he was serious or just blind.

"I have a boyfriend or did you forget that?" I responded with a tight smile.

He laughed, "Oh please, everyone knows he will get back together with Cara soon. They are the 'IT' couple. And Cara always gets her way. But I think the 'Kent' needs a new king. So maybe think about being with someone that is about to rule it all." He looked at me like he expected me to fall at his feet.

I smiled at him wickedly and replied, "well good luck with that" I turned and walked away. I got to my dad's clinic as quickly as I could and finally started to relax. My dad walked out, looking surprised to see me.

"Honey, is everything ok?" he asked.

I smiled at him, "yes, I decided to visit the stores and then realised I was tired so came back to wait for you."

"Ok, give me a few minutes to close up and then we can leave. Do you want to get something to eat on our way back home?" he asked.

"Can we cook something together?" I looked at him. Cooking together was always so much fun and I enjoyed the time with my dad.

He looked at me warmly, "of course sweetheart. Give me a few minutes and we will leave."