Chapter Four - The Party

My dad looked at me as I entered the foyer. I ran to him and gave a big hug. "Thank you daddy, it means so much to me and it's not even the car, though I love it more than anything. It is the fact that you pay attention to me, and you honestly are the best dad ever," I said into his shirt.

He held me tightly, "you are the best thing that ever happened to me Lily bug, never forget that."

I pulled away from him, "dad, there is a party and Eli asked me to go with him, so that I can meet the kids from my school." I looked at my dad, "will that be ok?"

"Of course, honey. I want this move to be as easy as possible and I want you to be happy. I will take Midnight for a walk," He gave me an intriguing look, like he had something on his mind. "So," he starts. "Eli, seems like a great guy."

I looked at him and laughed. "Really dad, we are going there? But yes from the two days that I know him, he seems really nice."

"Should we order something for dinner?" my dad asked.

"Yes, please. I am starving and I do not want to go somewhere I do not know and have my tummy grumbling." I winked at him.

He laughed. "Well you do have a monster there when you are hungry. I will order Indian and we will go shopping for groceries tomorrow. We need homemade food too."

I went up to my room and started looking through the few clothes I unpacked. I found a skin tight jeans and a red lace top and paired it with knee high boots and my favourite leather jacket. I added silver earrings and a charmed bracelet my dad gave me when I turned 13. It was a heirloom from my mum's family. It had a double infinity sign with the sun in the middle. It had blue diamonds on the charms. I really loved it. It is weird but it makes me feel more alive every time I put it on. I had a quick dinner with dad and then went up to get ready. At 7 pm, Eli knocked on the door. I ran down to open it before my dad did. As I opened the door, I realised I had butterflies in my tummy. Eli stared back at me in stunned silence as he looked at me from head to toe for a few minutes, so I decided to check him out too. He wore black jeans, a blue t-shirt that showed his six pack and he also had on a leather jacket. He looked hot.

"Hmmm, hi," I said to break the silence.

"Damn, you look hot," he said, with his blue eyes sparkling.

I smiled at him. "So do you, wait what is your surname?"

He laughed. "It is Reed. I guess we never exchanged that. What is yours?"

"Carter. And no we did not. But then again we do only know each other for like a day," I replied laughing.

We got to his car, which was the sleek yellow Camaro, I was admiring yesterday.

"Gosh, I absolutely adore your car. I was admiring it yesterday, when we got here. I should have known it was you who owned it," I told him with a smile.

He looked at me, "well your car is so awesome. I am so jealous, and wish I thought to ask for a Ferrari." He looked at me thoughtfully, "maybe I should get my dad to move and maybe I can get a Ferrari too," he winked.

He got to the passenger seat and opened the door for me and waited for me to get in and then closed the door and walked to driver's side. I must have had a shocked look on my face, because he started laughing when he turned to ask me if I was ready to go.

"Sorry, it's just that you do not get too many gentleman now days, who open doors."

He smiled at me, "my mum always told me, the one thing a girl will always remember is how you treat her. So always treat her like a queen and especially if you like her, make sure you do everything you can to ensure she does not forget you."