Steven's birth

Rose and the Cristal gems were sitting on the beach, watching the sunset, so they could be enjoying the company of their friend and leader Rose for the last time.

It was August 15 and rose had gone into labor a few moments ago. Greg was on his way to the beach and because rose didn't want to start without him they had to wait for Greg the supposed "phase".

To be honest, Pearl, Garnet and Amethyst didn't even want her to start. They wanted her to stay right here forever but as rose was already halfway into death, it was already too late.

Soon Greg arrived and Rose wanted to stand up and go but the Cristal gems pulled her into one last hug.

Pearl: d- do you really have to go? What am I going to do without you?!

Amethyst: can't you stay?

Rose: sorry amethyst, I'm afraid I can't. Pearl... You'll always be my best friend you know? There's no where you can go that I won't be with you.

"Best friend" how she hated that. Pearl always wanted to be more to rose than her "best friend". Rose loved her very much sure but not as much as pearl loved rose. There was a time where Pearl thought someday she'll be more to rose than her best friend. She wanted to be her companion in life, her better side or as humans call it, her girlfriend.

Yes she had it all planned out. Rose would fall in love with her, she would confess her feelings and they'd kiss and be girlfriends and maybe a few thousand years later they would get married and live happily ever after but as life is, none of this came true and now pearl would always stay rose's "best friend".

Amethyst: but I'll miss you when you're gone

Rose: I'll miss you too you know?

Garnet: we'll all miss her.

Rose laughed a little and started walking to the temple and as she entered, the gems knew that this was probably the last time that they'd see their friend.

They had regrets not telling rose something before she left

Amethyst never told her how she thought of rose like a mother

Garnet never told rose how much she loved and appreciated her

And Pearl? Well pearl never had the courage to tell rose the three words that could have changed the time line as we know it. Three words that are easy to write, pronounce and think but are very hard to say. " I love you" that was the hardest line pearl could say to rose. The hardest but most effective. But she didn't and now, she wouldn't even get to speak with her ever again. Or, would she?

As rose walked into the temple with Greg the door began to glow, letting her room appear

Greg: are you sure you want to be alone?

Rose: yes Greg. I'd rather live my last moments in peace and quiet.

With that statement rose kissed her boyfriend goodbye and walked into her room

As the door closed behind her she could feel her sadness in it's full weight. It could have crushed her but she had to stay strong. She actually wanted Greg and the gems at her side but she couldn't risk them seeing her form, her TRUE form when she poofs. Of course pearl could have stayed at her side put she wouldn't want that because A it would be suspicious and B pearl would see her in so much pain before she dies which would only cause pearl to hate her new born baby for this.

Rose had to get that of her mind and had to concentrate on getting her baby

Rose: I need a bed

And the moment she said those words, a bed appeared before her. She laid down shape shifted a yk and started having her child.

(You all know how having a baby works I don't need to elaborate)

4h later Steven was born. The now sweaty rose really gave it her everything to now hold her new born baby boy in her hands

She could no longer hold her tears of joy In and started crying

As she held her child close to her, a single tear dropped on his forehead.

Rose closed her eyes, ready to be poofed but the only thing that happened was the sound as if something was glowing and she could see a bright flash of light even with her eyes closed. As she opened them to see what caused the light, her son had started turning pink and started to move in her hands and as he fully changed colour, he started to cry.

Rose couldn't believe it. Was this really happening right now? Could she live with her baby?

After a few minutes of gathering her strength, Rose left the bed ready to leave her room and enter in a new time line.
A time line where she could take on her new life as the mother of her son. Steven universe.

Yup this is the first chapter of a new story of mine! I felt inspired by completing the chapter from my ask or dare fanfiction on which I spent weeks completing it. Thanks for reading and please tell me how you like it so far