the talk+mirror gem

Rose: we need to talk.

Pearl: oh- again? Is it about that lion?! Oh I know he's so-

Rose: no it's not about him. Well it's about something he told me about.

Pearl: o-oh... what would that be?

Rose took a deep breath

Rose: Homeworld.

Pearl seemed a little shocked

Pearl: homeworld?! What is going on?!

Rose: lion lived by my- Pink diamond's old ship. He said there was a broadcast from- from yellow diamond to one of her colonies.

Pearl: yellow di- ...what did she say?

Rose: I- I think they want to colonize the earth again.

Pearl: what?! But- they can't-! Why?! After thousands of years-! Why now?!

Rose: I don't know! But what I do know is that this time we won't stand a chance against the diamonds. Not if I can't- if pink diamond can't do anything to sabotage them.

Pearl: ...rose... you need to tell them. Tell the crystal gems. They have a right to know! A-and I know how scared you are but- it may be our only chance to keep the earth safe.

Rose looked around and sighed

Rose: but what if they hate me...? I mean, Garnet-

Pearl: well, better to find it out now in a moment of truth than when she finds out herself.

Rose: but- ... who am I kidding... I know you're right it's just...

Pearl: I know. It's ok. Just know that no matter what happens, I'll be there for you. And don't worry. As long as I stand with you, the diamonds can't hurt you anymore.

Rose got teary star eyes

Rose: peaaarrrrllll...!
___________________________________________

Mirror gem

Steven was sitting on the couch, on a phone call with Connie

Steven: what? Why not?

Connie: Steven, I told you I can't hang out today. I have tennis practice. And then mom wants to go out to a family dinner.

Steven sank halfway to the floor beneath the couch

Connie: but she said I can hang out all day tomorrow! And I could come over all the time now that it's summer vacation!

Steven: what's summer vacation?

Connie: you know... when school gets out for the summer?

Steven: I've never been to this... how do you say... school...? How does it work?

Connie went on to explain what was in a school and Steven listened closely

A while later, Steven and Pearl had made a pile of all the things that Connie mentioned

Pearl was just bringing the final desk and put it down in the pile

Steven: Yup! It's all coming together!

Pearl: so, how do we begin our... school?

Steven: uhh... I uhhh... I don't know! This is everything Connie told me! Why do I never ask follow up questions! Who will teach little Stevie now?!

Pearl gasped

Pearl: teach you?! Steven! If only I had known that's what you really wanted!

Pearl started to do a weird dance and make strange pearl noises