21. I Won't Run Away

Xiao Yang was pretty sure he was dreaming, but the lips on his lips felt so warm... so real. He oscillated between breaking the kiss to ask the reason and kissing back, and the winner was first kiss then ask. He circled his arms around his husband's neck and deepened the kiss. Interestingly, Zheng Hao didn't back out, but moaned sweetly, exploring his warm cavern.

They kissed with passion for a good while until they were out of breath, then Zheng Hao was first to pull himself back.

"This was even better than the first one," he confessed in a daze, his eyes shining with admiration and maybe a bit of love.

Xiao Yang gaped at the alien in his husband's body with astonishment, "what? Won't you say sorry and run away?"

Zheng Hao raised his hand and caressed Xiao Yang's cheek with a soft expression, "no, I won't run away... I did it enough. Now, I want to make up for the lost time," he said and pulled the dazed man for another kiss. This time it was a reassuring kiss as if marking their new beginning.

"This better not be a dream," Xiao Yang whispered as he rested his forehead against his husband's.

"It is not," Zheng Hao assured him, circling his arms around his waist. Then he gently led him back to his chair, "you need to finish eating, so I can give you painkillers."

With the mention of the pain, it came full force. Holding his throbbing head, Xiao Yang gave his husband a puppy look and pushed the now-cold porridge bowl towards him.

Chuckling, Zheng Hao got the porridge bowls and heated them inside the microwave before serving them with clean spoons.

"So... are we good now?" Xiao Yang asked with hesitation, still unable to believe it was all real.

"Good?"

"Like good good?"

Zheng Hao nodded with a soft smile, "I am willing to try... you know..."

"I knew you had no chance against my charms," Xiao Yang smiled brightly, ignoring Zheng Hao's eye-rolling, and ate his porridge happily.

After breakfast, Zheng Hao went to work and as it was Saturday, Xiao Yang stayed at home, thinking about the recent happenings. Not in a million he would guess Zheng Hao to kiss him that avidly, and although he didn't use those three magical words, he said he was willing to try and it was enough for Xiao Yang. Those mind-blowing kisses indeed were enough to replenish his hopes about love.

He touched his still swollen lips and smiled like a mad man. After trying and hoping for so long, finally he managed to find a way to Zheng Hao's heart and he was determined to conquer it completely.

Indeed, he also wondered why Zheng Hao suddenly opened his heart for him after resisting for so long, but it could wait. He would ask about it later.

With butterflies in his stomach, Xiao Yang tried to focus on his assignments so that he could spend the night with his husband freely.

On the other side of the city, Zheng Hao was sharing the same feeling. After he chose to listen to his heart, he felt a heavy burden left his shoulders. Maybe it was true that everything happened for a reason. Indeed, he still resented Mrs. Sun for her threat, but he wouldn't let it come between Xiao Yang and himself. No, not anymore. He finally felt happiness in his dull life and he was determined to keep his little unexpected sunshine in his life.

With a smile on his face, Zheng Hao worked diligently so that he could finish his work and go home earlier.

When he closed the store for the day, the weather was refreshingly cool. He adjusted his jean jacket on himself and decided to buy dinner to surprise Xiao Yang.

His surprise was a success as Xiao Yang almost jumped on him when he saw him at the door with a package.

"Ge! You are early today," he pulled the older man inside with a bright smile, "missed me that much?"

Zheng Hao rolled his eyes to his cheesiness, but he nodded anyway. He handed the package to Xiao Yang and went to the bathroom to take a shower first.

When they were sitting around the kitchen table, Zheng Hao noticed the expectant eyes of his husband, so he asked "how was your day?"

"It was good, I did my assignments and cleaned the house a bit," Xiao Yang replied with a never-ceasing smile and mischievously added "so that we could pass more time together."

His limpid words made Zheng Hao arch his eyebrows. The younger one was indeed getting bolder and bolder at a fast pace. Not that Zheng Hao minded though, even when Xiao Yang was a rich kid, he adapted to his house pretty well and never complained about it, let alone he endured all the harsh treatment the older man showed. Therefore, as a token of appreciation, from then on, Zheng Hao would never say something bad to him or deny him anything.

"That's why I came earlier today." Such a relief it was; speaking his mind without dragging his pride alongside! Freedom!

"Aww," Xiao Yang put his hand on his heart, feeling faint due to excessive love.

Blushing until his neck, Zheng Hao buried his head in his bowl, stuffing food into his mouth. He was new to flirting so he suddenly felt very shy.

Luckily, Xiao Yang knew him enough to notice his discomfort. He took a break from flirting and talked about his assignment until they finished their dinner.

"Shall we..."

Xiao Yang almost dropped the glass he was washing as his imagination ran fast. He turned off the tap and turned around with his heart hammering against his rib cage. "That...?" he asked tacitly, his eyes trailing down from his husband's eyes to his body.

Getting the hint, Zheng Hao's subtle blush turned into a tomato-red. Holding the empty brown bag up to cover his chest, he cried out "movie! I meant watching a movie!"

"Oh," Xiao Yang mumbled, disappointed, "okay."

His dejected tone made Zheng Hao's heart sink. He threw the bag into the trash bin and walked to the younger man. Hugging him behind, he said "I don't want to rush things. Yes, we started from the final point, but I still want to experience dating with you. Is it a bad thing?"

Putting the now-clean glass to the dish rack, Xiao Yang leaned more to Zheng Hao's chest. He held his hands which were resting on his belly with his own wet hands and said "no, it is not a bad thing. It shows you take this relationship seriously."

Gosh, how could Zheng Hao not fall for him? He was so perfect that he started to think the younger man might really be an angel.

"A movie then?" Zheng Hao asked, nuzzling his soft hair.

"And cuddles."

The older man chuckled, "wasn't it popcorn?"

"No, cuddles!"

"Okay okay."