one

"Elvira is an interesting name, although a little more suitable than your cousin's name," Principal Weems commented as Elvira sat in front of her, her father to her side.

"Her mother named her after the Mistress of the Dark," her father informed the principal.

"How interesting, where is her mother?" Principal Weems asked.

"She's dead," Elvira answered bluntly. "She died a few minutes after I was born."

"I see. I'm sorry for your lose." Elvira smirked at the woman's words.

"Don't be, she helped me start off of body count early," Elvira told her. Principal Weems' eyes grew wide, but the woman did her best to cover it up.

"The board has made an exception for you and Wednesday to be here, we don't normally allow students in mid-term. I hope that the two of you don't make us regret this decision."

"They won't," her father promised, glancing over at Elvira, a message to be on her best behavior.

"I've assigned you to stay in the same dorm as your cousin. I figured that you would want a familiar face as you go through Nevermore. You two will also have a roommate. I thought that was the best option to help get you assimilated into Nevermore's environment," Weems explained. Elvira nodded at her words. "So, shall we go meet your cousin and your new roommate?"

Elvira and her father followed after Principal Weems as she lead them up to Ophelia Hall. The second Elvira walked through the door, she scowled. The window in front of her was painted in all sorts of vivid colors, and only one of them did she like.

While similar to her cousin in many ways, Elvira was different in one of the most prominent ones. While Wednesday lived strictly in black, Elvira tolerated a bit of blue every now and then. Only because it was the color of her electricity.

How Wednesday hadn't wiped the color off of the window yet astonished her.

Elvira felt the corner of her mouth turn up when she saw her cousin standing to walk over to her, but the small smile fell once she was eagerly approached by their roommate.

"You must be our other roommate. Hi!" The blonde girl said, and Elvira's eyes widened, as she shared a look with Wednesday.

"Elvira, this is Enid Sinclair, and then of course you know your cousin," Weems told her, motioning between the two girls.

"It's so nice to meet you!" Enid cried, sticking her hand out to Elvira with a huge smile on her face. Elvira reached out and took her hand briefly, only holding onto the girl's fingers, as if her hand was the most repulsive thing she had ever seen. "Are you allergic to color like Wednesday?"

"Most of them, yes," Elvira nodded, and Weems smiled.

"Enid, Wednesday, please accompany Elvira down to the registrar's office to pick up her uniform, and a copy of her schedule. While you're at it, please give her a tour as well," Weems instructed. Enid smiled brightly, and Wednesday only stared at the woman.

Wednesday was already wearing her uniform, although it was all black, so Elvira assumed that she must have already gone through the tour part of her introduction already.

Elvira smiled a goodbye to her father, before walking out after Enid who was skipping, Wednesday right behind her.

***

"Welcome to the quad," Enid said, as she pushed open a set of doors and led Elvira and Wednesday outside. Wednesday crossed her arms, looking utterly bored, as Elvira looked around.