six

Elvira made her way back to their tent to change, exhaustion sweeping over her body. She practically collapsed into one of the folding chairs that was inside the tent, laying her head on the vanity that was right beside it. She desperately needed a nap, but Principal Weems had told all the students to meet in the quad.

Elvira slowly peeled the costume off of her body, before throwing it in a pile on the floor. She put on her uniform, and fixed her hair, before making her way back out of the tent, just as the rest of her teammates entered. They all smiled at her politely, before continuing on.

"Oh my god!" Enid cried as she ran up to Elvira at the tent opening. "We won!"

"Yes we did," Elvira responded, a smile on her face at the thought.

"This the best day of my life!" Enid cried, before running into the tent. Elvira exchanged a look with Wednesday who was trailing behind Enid, the two of them amused at the werewolf girls's enthusiasm. She was excited enough for all of them.

"Why did it take you so long to grab the flag?" Elvira asked her cousin. Wednesday met her eyes, and Elvira could tell that she was contemplating telling her.

"I had a vision," she finally answered. Elvira's eyebrows rose in surprise.

"Care to share what it was about?" Elvira asked. Wednesday was about to respond to her when their team burst through the tent, running towards the school.

"Come on guys!" Enid called behind her as she ran with the rest of their team. Elvira glanced at Wednesday.

"We're not done with this talk yet," Elvira told her. Wednesday nodded, and then headed into the tent to change, while Elvira made her way back to the school.

"Hey," she heard. Elvira looked over her shoulder to see Xavier jogging to catch up to her. She paused to let him join her, and then the two continued on to the school.

"Hey," Elvira responded, a smirk on her face when she remembered the look on Xavier's face as her team has passed his during the tournament. "So, what does it taste like?"

"What does what taste like?" Xavier asked, looking over at her curiously.

"Defeat," she elaborated. Xavier chuckled and shook his head.

"You guys are cheaters, that's why you won," Xavier told her.

"Cheaters? Hardly. Excellent strategists, definitely," Elvira correct. Xavier met her eyes with an eyebrow raised, as Elvira smiled innocently at him.

"Whatever you say El," he conceded, as the two entered the quad.

"I really don't think that the nickname should be a thing," Elvira commented, and Xavier frowned.

"Sucks to suck. I like it, it's staying," he responded. Elvira raised an eyebrow and pursed her lips in thought.

"Fine then, I'm giving you a nickname." Xavier's eyes widened at her words, waiting for the nickname she came up with. Before she could tell him her idea, Principal Weems was calling the Black Cats up to receive the Poe Cup. "Have to go, you know since I'm on the winning team and all. See you later Picasso."

Xavier immediately shook his head at the nickname.

"Yeah nope. Never call me that again," He called after her. Elvira smirked over her shoulder at him, before taking her spot next to Wednesday and Enid. She was completely zoned out of Principal Weems speech. The exhaustion that had plagued her body returned, almost as if it had disappeared for the short time she was with Xavier.

Elvira briefly saw Wednesday walk away as Weems handed Enid the Poe Cup, Enid squealing in excitement as the rest of the students in the quad cheered for them. Everyone besides Bianca and her friends. Soon everyone dispersed, going to sit at their respective tables, Elvira wandering off to find her cousin.