Sinclair Manor

The carriage bumps over the cracks in the dirt road and Wednesday begins to wonder if she had made a mistake visiting her friend, who apparently lives out in the middle of nowhere.

Her body hurts- not that that's a bad thing necessarily- from the jostling and even Thing is starting to get fed up.

But then...

She sees it. The Sinclair manor. The most ghastly, gothic, towering building that she's seen for miles. "It's beautiful," she says in awe.

Her eyes roam the structure, finally falling on a window near the top. It looks out of place, brighter than the rest of it. That must be Enid's room. Wednesday's mouth turns up ever so slightly, just enough for her to feel but not enough for anyone to tell.

She wanted to dislike Enid, she really did. From the moment she stepped into their shared room where it had looked like a rainbow had come to life and thrown up all over it. But as time went on she found it difficult. Enid was just so... Enid. She was interesting, exciting. And Wednesday liked how she didn't mind standing out. They were alike in that way.

The carriage comes to a halt near the front door and Wednesday is let out by the gaunt driver. She takes her bags from the back, finds a few dollars and hands them over to the old man. She thanks him and he tips his hat politely before shuffling back to his seat at the front and pulling the carriage away from the house. Wednesday is left standing on the circular gravel driveway, staring up at the towering house.

She walks the short way up the front steps and reaches for the door knocker- which is appropriately adorned with a perfectly sculpted werewolf. But before her fingers can even brush the cool metal, the wood swings open with a squeak and a shriek. Although, the shriek actually comes from Enid, rather than the door.

"Wednesday!" she says, far too loud for someone this close.

Wednesday stares back, "Enid. How've you been?"

"God, I've missed you!" The other girl grabs Wednesday's arm and pulls her inside, the bags bouncing through the door after her. 

Out of seemingly nowhere, a couple of older boys appear. They look like Enid, but more rugged and dressed far more dully. They take Wednesday's bags and disappear upstairs before she can even get their names. As soon as her hands are free, Enid snatches them up and pulls Wednesday towards her, letting go only to wrap her arms around her.

"I know, I know," Enid says, pulling away and looking a little sheepish. "Not a hugger."

Wednesday tilts her head, "usually not. That was fine. It's good to see you."

Enid grins, "I have so much planned for this week you won't even believe it!" Funnily enough, Wednesday can believe it. She had been mentally preparing herself for the past week in anticipation of this vacation with Enid, knowing the other girl would have a bunch of plans. "We're going to go to the fair, have sleepovers just like at Nevermore, and- oooh you'll like these ones! We're going on a family hunt and having dinner with one of the other families in our pack."

Wednesday's interest is piqued by these last two, and she tells Enid so. Enid grins happily, glad to have found something to impress the impressively unimpressable Wednesday Addams.

"Who were the two that took my bags? I didn't think your family would be the type to have butlers."

"Butlers?" Enid snorts. "No, those are my brothers. Hugo and Blaine. Gideon's still in Washington."

"Ah," Wednesday nods. "Shall we go after them? I need something from my bag."

Enid's face falls briefly- just long enough for Wednesday to see- before brightening again. "Oh, Wednesday, please don't tell me you think they're cute."