t w o

"Hey Dec, I'm going to head off now. Thanks for the good day today! I'll be at the office tomorrow for some meetings. Feel free to call or message me when you need me!"

Declan's head snapped around to face her. "You should stay, Mase is coming round in a sec."

Florence thought about the offer. She had been aware of how close the duo were and working closely alongside Declan meant seeing Mason frequently. The night out from a few weeks ago allowed for Florence to form opinions of Jack's friends and her new employer's friends, Mason was different. He was quiet, mysterious and clearly had some weird dislike towards her but then again, not everyone has to like her. Florence's relationship with his friend was that of a professional manner and he had every right not to acknowledge Florence.

"I think I'll pass, thank you for the offer though! I'll see you on wednesday! Enjoy the rest of your day!"

"At least let me give you a lift home?"

"No, it's alright! Thank you! I'm meeting some friends in Chinatown!"
---
"Floss, you make my head spin. You're working alongside THE Declan Rice and you went out with half of the England squad and you never told us!"

"Who said I'm working with Declan Rice?"

"Kyle told me."

She rolled her eyes. Of course he did. Kyle always ran his mouth at any given chance. Everyone's private business was his to share. He was annoying and unbearable but he was Florence's friend and she loved him nevertheless. She was surprised it had taken him longer than three days to tell everyone.

"What was it like being out with John Stones?" Larissa asked "He's so lush!"

"I'm not answering anything."

"It's because she can't remember anything!" Aimee replied. Aimee was her flatmate in the first year of university and she was never able to shake her off. Since that first year, they had lived together and will probably live together until Aimee gets bored of her. She had put up with so much of Florence's drama and Florence never truly knew how to repay her. Aimee was beautiful and she was the best part of her life in London.

The night was filled with laughter and gossping. It was a regular monday evening for their group of friends to meet in Chinatown. "It makes mondays more bearable." Larissa claimed. She had chosen monday as their set day when the three of them were 18 and they had never changed it since then. Every monday at 6pm in the same restaurant and the same table. It had been more difficult to maintain this meeting when they were broke university students, but when they all got stable full time jobs, it became easier and the more people that came amd what started as a thing between the three of them expanded and suddenly they were a group of 7.

A notification snapped Florence out of her thoughts. Mason Mount had followed her on instagram.

"Bitch! Look at this notif!" Florence held her phone up to Noah's face.

"No FUCKING way"

"I know! I'm gobsmacked!"

Larissa, Aimee and Adam ran over peeking at the phone screen in front of her. The three of them looked at each other before looking back at Florence.

"I swear to God, if you do not follow that man back right now." Larissa nudged the girl slightly. "We will disown you!"

She grabbed Florence's phone off her and clicked the notification. Florence burst out laughing to see Mason had unfollowed her immediately, knowing he was with Declan, she suddenly felt watched. Florence snatched her phone back from Larissa and started scrolling through her own instagram, trying to see it from a third person's perspective, archiving posts as she went along.
---
Mason groaned out of frustration. He felt his cheeks heat up. She definitely would've gotten the notification.