e i g h t e e n

Mason huffed as Sasha repeated her words to him once again. "What do you mean you don't have a room?"

"Mason, read my fucking lips. I do NOT have a room here. This hotel room is for me and Floss."

"Sasha, what are you trying to say?"

"Mason, I am saying that you need to go back to your team hotel and sleep there." Sasha sighed. "Let me try again, since you're still not understandin'. Remember in primary when you'd do the Nativity and the innkeeper told Mary and Joseph that there's no room in the bloody inn?"

Florence sat on the bed, watching the petty argument between her best friend and boyfriend, attempting to hold the laugh back as Sasha explained the situation to Mason, as if he were a small child.

"What I'm trying to say is, I'm the innkeeper and you're Mary. There's no fucking room for you." Sasha continued.

Mason once again huffed, refusing to believe Sasha forgot the most important part of their plan: to book two hotel rooms. Sure, Mason probably could've done that himself to avoid the mix up and confusion but it had completely slipped his mind to do so.

"There's a sofa over there that you can sleep on, if you insist on staying." Sasha rolled her eyes, a smile playing at her lips. She found it amusing and she had wished that she was actually that smart for it to just be a joke, but it wasn't. Sasha really did forget to book two separate rooms.

"Sasha, do you actually think that I can fit on that?" Mason asked, eyeing it carefully. "It'll put my back into bits."

"Lucky you have access to a great team of physios then!" Sasha retorted. "Wait until you both live together and you'll be thankful to be apart from each other."

Mason scoffed at her words. "Give over, Sash. You and Flo literally spend every other hour on FaceTime with each other. Not to forget that you both can't go longer than a week without physically seeing each other."

"The difference between you and me, Mason, is that I'm simply more important in Florence's life than you are."

Florence gasped as the laugh escaped her lips. The two turned to face her, eyeing her. Florence threw her hands up, as if she the duo had just pointed a gun at her. "Alright, children. No need to fight. Mase, you either stay on the sofa or go back to your hotel, I'll see you at breakfast anyways."

"Fine, I'll sleep on the sofa." He grumbled. "But I'm having the last of those crisps."

Florence shot up, grabbing the bag from her boyfriend's hands. "I think the fuck not."

"Babe, you're here for another two days, you've got time to get more."

Florence rolled her eyes. "Okay, and?"

"Mase, surely you know not to take crisps away from her by now!"

The three sat in the hotel in silence and they individually scrolled through their phones, Mason letting out a grumble every two to three minutes getting frustrated at something. Florence shuffling about on the bed caught Sasha's attention.

"Are you okay?"

"Mhm, just tired." Florence replied. "I'm gunna take my contacts out and head to sleep."

Mason looked over at her, eyebrow raised and directed his eyes to her friend, who gave him a little shrug. They both watched as the woman walked into the bathroom, avoiding eye contact with them.

"She's bein' weird." Sasha commented.

"Ya fuckin' think?" Mason scoffed.

Mason was awoken by Florence lifting his arm and attempting to slide underneath it, soft sniffles coming from her as she tried to do so.