s e v e n

She stepped aside as people crowded him, their fingers still intertwined. He mouthed a quick apology to her before entertaining the group of people. She smiled at the people who looked at her but otherwise was ignored by the majority. It was their first proper date outside of Mason's house but she had yet to speak to him properly without interruption.

"I might get a dog to keep me company next time we go out."

"What would you call it and what dog would you get?"

"Definitely a rottie! Apollo for a boy and Athena for a girl."

"I like that. I think we should do it. We could be dog parents." Florence looked over at him, a smile plastered on her face. She loved seeing his enthusiasm when he spoke about them and his ideas on what they could do together as a couple. "They'll have lots of room to run around in my garden."

He looked over, to see her looking at him, the smile on her face not faltering. "The dog is definitely living with me."

"No, my hypothetical dog, my flat."

"But think of all the space it'll have to run around at mine. You're always at mine anyways."

She was prepared to squabble about the dog that they didn't have together but was interrupted by a group of people shouting Mason's name. She gave him a smile and let go of his hand, stepping away from his side. A middle aged man standing a step away from the crowd looked at her, his eyes scanning her up and down. "Here love, some advice for you, standing around a famous footie player doesn't mean he'll fancy you and you'll become a WAG. You don't have the looks!"

Florence scoffed at the man's words. "Here love, I didn't ask for your advice but, just because you watch them play football week in, week out, it doesn't mean you know their personal lives."

Mason looked over at her as she smiled sarcastically at the man standing parallel to her. His raised his eyebrow at her and she shook her head. "Are you okay over there, babe?"

"Yeah all good, Mase! I'll meet you in the car, just need to call dad!"

"Alright, babe. Do you have the keys?"

The man began to babble his apologies at Florence, who shot him a quick look and shrug. "Guess your advice isn't applicable to me, thanks though."

Florence sighed as she got into the car. The temperature outside didn't agree with her and she was glad to find comfort inside Mason's warm car. The interaction with the man made her laugh and she couldn't wait to go back home and tell Aimee all about it. Dating a public figure came with its own set of unique challenges and she knew that it would cause a strain on their relationship if she didn't take interaction like that on the chin. Mason tapped gently on the window to grab her attention, giving her a little wave.

"What was that about, with that man?"

"Nothing, Mase, don't worry about it! It was a funny interaction."

He frowned, he had heard the conversation that happened and he knew if it had been the other way round, he would've been upset after an interaction like that. "Promise me it didn't upset you."

"Mase, I pinky promise that it didn't upset me. The only opinions that matter to me is yours and my dad's. Thank you for caring about me."
---
Mason walked up behind Florence, wrapping his arms around her waist. She had been laughing loudly at her phone whilst she cooked dinner. "What's so funny, babe?"

"Trent. He said he'd drop kick me in Concert Square because I said if he wasn't playing football, he'd deffo be in concert square asking people if they've got lemo."