<4>

"George had a crush. George had a big fat crush on Clay."

~~~

George had a crush on a guy he had met four days ago on a plane. George was baffled to be enterally honest. He didn't think that was possible for anyone let alone himself. He had been avoiding this conclusion for the past four days. He didn't want to admit that Clay had stolen his newly locked up heart in such a short time. The brunette was a little overwhelmed to say the least. Everything in his mind was moving way too fast and he knew he had to slow it down. But he also knew he couldn't leave Clay in the dark. It wouldn't be fair to Clay to just ignore him out of the blue. George, much as he hated to say it, needed to confess and explain everything in order to not upset his friend. George subconsciously decided that having a sad Clay was way worse than having no Clay at all.

"George? Georgeeeeeee? Hello? Are you okay?" Clay asked as he looked over at George. Because of the lighting he couldn't see George all that well and assumed George had fallen asleep due to his unresponsiveness. This probed Clay to yawn, his brain ignolaging that it was indeed pretty late. The blonde scooched himself over to George and hugged him from behind, essentially spooning him. At the physical contact, George was pulled out of his own thoughts as he assessed his situation. His cheek flared and he wriggled out of Clays grasp and stood up quickly. "Oh George! You're awake! I assumed you were sleeping since you weren't answering me." Clay awkwardly chuckled. "Why were you hugging me?" George asked quietly not making eye context with Clay. "Um, I don't know. Because I wanted to? Oh! I didn't ask you about your boundaries! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to offend you or make you uncomfortable." Clay immediately said after a moment of realization. "No, Clay. It's nothing like that. I'm fine with it I just didn't expect it.." George said trailing off. "Oh alright. Um are you sure? You seemed pretty eager to get away from me." Clay said "I- um nothing.  It's nothing." George said aloud. 'Damnit, this is the perfect time to tell him and then I can just leave and call and Uber and be done with this stupid crush.' George thought as he said the exact opposite of what he wanted. " If you're sure." Clay shrugged getting back under the blankets. 'Shit.' George thought as he also got under the blankets. Clay resumed spooning George and sighed contently as he drifted off to sleep. George stayed up a little longer cursing at himself for not saying what he had wanted to. 'Tomorrow. There is always tomorrow.' George thought as he started to drift off to sleep in Clay's arms.

~~~

George was standing under the oak tree that he and Clay had met at in the park. He was confused. He started to walk around the park and to his surprise he saw Clay walking towards the tree. "Clay!" George called out, but the blonde seemingly ignored him. George stood in front of the blonde's path and Clay walked right through him. 'What the hell.' George thought as he turned around to see Clay laying under the tree just like he had the previous day. While Clay napped George came to two explanations. Either he is dead or he's dreaming. He was really riding on the second one. He then saw himself walk up to the sleeping Clay just like he had at the park. George watched as the scene played out and the two conversed. But George soon noticed that other George's demeanor was different to the one he had on the original day. This George was more open to the blonde's suggestions and more outgoing with his own. In this version, they both agreed to go to the beach. George found this strange seeing as he knew he wasn't ready for a trip like that just yet. Or maybe he was. He seemed to realize how didn't truly have an answer. George blinked and suddenly he was on a beach and other George and Clay were in front of him on a towel. They were sitting in comfortable silence, something George wasn't used to. He watched as his other self then reached for Clay's hand and held it with seemingly no protest from the blonde. This made George smile and he watch the two. He listened to their bantering and story tellings. George's smile widened at how easily the stories of England came out of his other self's mouth. Why couldn't he do that? Suddenly the mood switched and George watched as his other self managed to do the one thing George couldn't just yesterday. His other self confessed flawlessly and George waited in anticipation for Clay's response. Clay responded by squeezing other George's hand. He smiled and said "George, I'm so happy you told me because I was having trouble finding the words myself. I love you too." Clay closed it off with a kiss on other George's cheek and they both smiled wide, leaning onto each other. (Y'know, all the romantic cheesy stuff) George watched in awe. He thought about whether or not this could be a reality for him someday. He hoped. He wished it would be.

~~~

George woke up in a strong grasp. He remembered that he had fallen asleep with Clay and he couldn't help but flush. George vividly remembered his dream and took it as a sign to finally push this thing with Clay forward. As he maneuvered his way out of Clay's arms he formed a loose plan:

1. Somehow leave hints for Clay. I don't want it to come out of the blue.
2. Get to the beach and set up the scene.
3. Confess and hope Clay responds similarly to the Clay in my dream.

George was really nervous about that last one. But who wouldn't be? It's the only part of the plan that George really cared about anyway. George knew he had to prepare himself for rejection and yet again isolation, but he didn't want to think about that right now. He really needed his focus right now to be on a positive outcome. Maybe this could be a great thing for him. Taking this step with Clay could be the key to actually enjoying his life in Florida. George just had to try no matter the risk.

"Hey George." Clay said groggily as he walked into the living room where George was standing. George blushed at the blonde's morning voice and turned around. "Good morning. I have a small question for you." George said with a genuine smile. "What's up?" Clay asked rubbing his eyes. "Do you want to go to the beach next weekend?"

1151 words

I wrote this on a plane heh but woo getting somewhere. I honestly don't know where I'm going with this so it'll be a surprise for me too. Wish me luck :,)