fluff

Jack keept his eyes closed despite the fact that he had woke up a few moments prior. If he asked himself 3 years ago-before [the pink bitch] had been killed-if he thought he'd ever experience true peace, he'd have say no.

Luckily for him, he wasn't that person 3 years ago. He can now confidently say he loves waking up everyday- "I can tell you're awake; you look deep in thought." Of course Dave could tell, him and Jack knew eachother like the back of their hands.

"Just thinking about how lucky I am." Jack still hadn't bothered to open his eyes; he was way too comfortable to actually wake up. "What's with the flattery today?" Though Jack couldn't see it, he just knew Dave was smiling.

Both by the tone of his voice and the fact that it was Dave. "What, don't like it?" Jack already knew the answer to that, he was just teasing. "You and I both know I'd never say that. Not in a million years." Dave responded, gently playing with Jack's hair.

Jack sighed, leaning into his touch, finally opening his eyes. "There you are!" Dave smiled, and still, that simple gesture had managed to make Jack's heart flutter, even after all these years.

He was half tempted to sit up and kiss Dave, but he still didn't want to move, opting to smile back at him with genuine love. Dave, fortunately, was the one to lean down, adjusting his position to kiss him.

The moment was short and sweet, not something either or them would ever get used to with what they've gone through. "Why did you get so happy to see my eyes, but then immediately kiss me, making me close them again?"

"I couldn't resist." Dave added, now moving to lay down next to Jack. "Fair." Jack responded, now laying his head back on a pillow. "I love you." Dave stated, even though it was obvious. "I love you too."