cringe

!!!No, this is NOT a ship between Dee and Dave NOR is it a ship between Jack and Dee!!!
Takes place after the DSaF3 Good Ending.
Dave started thinking about how he didn't get to say he loved Jack before he left.
Song: If I Could Tell Her from Dear Even Hansen
-

"He thought you were awesome," Dave remarked, looking at Dee. She raised her eyebrow, he thought I was awesome? Jack?" Dave rolled his eyes, "yeah." De shook her head, "how?"Dave sighed, "well..."

"...he said 'there's nothing like your smile, sort of subtle and perfect and real.' He said 'you never knew how wonderful that smile could make someone feel.' And he knew whenever you get bored 'you scribble stars on the cuffs of your jeans...'" Dave began, thinking back on their conversations.

"...and he noticed that you 'still fill out the quizzes that they put in those teen magazines..." Dave stopped, "...but he kept it all inside his head, what he saw he left unsaid." Dee stiffened.

"And though he wanted to, he couldn't talk to you. He couldn't find the way, but he would always say: 'if I could tell her, tell her everything I see, if I could tell her how she's everything to me...'"

"...but 'we're a million worlds apart, and I don't know how I would even start? If I could tell her. If I could tell her...'" Dave looked away from Dee, being reminded of his unsaid feelings for Jack.

Dave continued though, "...he thought it 'looked pretty cool' when you put indigo streaks in your hair. And he wondered how you 'learned to dance like all the rest of the world isn't there.'''

Dave inhaled, "But he kept it all inside his head. What he saw he left unsaid: 'If I could tell her, tell her everything I see. If I could tell her how she's everything to me...'"

"'...but we're a million worlds apart and I don't know how I would even start. If I could tell her. If I could tell her...'" Dee felt tears forming in her eyes, realizing how divided her and her brother had been.

"'...but what do you do when there's this great divide?' He- I mean, 'she just seemed so far away. And what do you do when the distance is too wide?'" Dee shook her head, "it's like I don't know anything..."

Dave closed his eyes, "'And how do you say I love you?'" He looked at Blackjack, who had come over to sit by him, "'...but we're a million worlds apart...and I don't know how I would even start...'"

"'...if I could tell her...if I could tell hi- her.'" Dee smiled, "thank you for telling me...I wish him and I were closer when he was still...nevermind. Thank you." She stood up, hugging Dave before leaving.

Dave felt a few stray tears falling. Maybe he should have told Jack before he had to leave. At least Dee knows Jack genuinely cared about her as her brother. He felt Blackjack curl into his lap, he obviously knew Dave wasn't happy right now.
-

Randomass thought I had and needed to act on.
Anyway, songfics are weird.
This was weird.
Again, no shipping besides Jack x Dave was intended here.