comfort

A loud, explosive, defeaning strike can be heard. Even lasting for a second, it made the silence following louder. Most times than not, Jack could simply listen without batting an eye. He had no negative feelings associated with storms, so he never even thought of them. Now, however, he wasn't alone anymore. He hadn't been alone since they won in the flipside. So, when he saw the first few signs within the sky, he immediately looked for a certain someone.

Dave, in contrast, hated any loud unexpected sounds. He was never sure-well, now it was obvious-why he felt like that. He wasn't able to ever stop the panic he felt when he heard a storm starting. All he could do was to wait it out, which wasn't an ideal position to be in when he was alone, especially if he was alone. Luckily, he wasn't alone 99% of the time now, but that still didn't exactly make the overwhelming panic he felt any easier to deal with. So, hearing the thunder beginning, he hid.

Jack heard a faint sound of fast breathing, quickly running over to the source and sitting in front of Dave. Gently, "hey hey hey, I'm here, love." Dave hugged him, unable to stop his tears. "It's okay...it's okay." Jack made a point to softly rub Dave's back. Dave began trying to desperately say sorry, coming out between quiet sobs. "No, no, you don't have to apologize at all. I'll always be here for you, love." Jack responded, frowning, wanting to kill Henry all over again. He placed his other hand in Dave's hair, gently rubbing it.

The moment wasn't exactly quick, but that didn't matter at all to Jack; all that mattered to him right now was helping Dave. When he'd calmed down, Jack brought him back to their room, Dave laid on Jack with his head on his chest. He still slightly jumped at the sound of thunder since the storm still hadn't passed, but Jack made sure to let him know he was still there, now humming softly. "I'm sorr-" Dave began again. "You don't at all have to be, love. I love you and that means I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Dave smiled, moving to kiss Jack's entire face, leaving no spot untouched. Jack giggled at the sudden gesture, but of course didn't want the moment to end. Dave added, "I love you...thank." Jack smiled, "I love you too. Don't hesitate to come get me if you need me." Dave nodded, "of course," but he wasn't sure if he'd actually be able to rely on Jack. He's always had trouble with receiving help from others, even Jack, because he thought of himself as a burden. But, nevertheless, he still appreciated Jack.

"I mean it." Jack added, playfully stern. Of course he of all people could see through him. "You have the same problem though." Jack scoffed, pretending to be hurt, "wow." By this point, the storm was already over, neither of them really have noticing. Dave sat up to properly kiss Jack, smiling happily. He pulled back, carefully placing a hand on Jack's cheek as he lovingly traced over every detail on his face with his eyes. Jack pulled him back down. Dave began happily humming, sounding akin to a cat's purr.

A bonus that doesn't have anything to do with ^

Dee heard a quiet conversation, quickly checking it out.
"I'm sorr-"
"FUCK-"
"Hold still, I'm trying not to go hard."
"fuCKING- AH-"
"I'm trying to go quickly, sorry."
She grew concerned, checking the scene out.
Dave was just bandaging a wound Jack somehow got.
Thank god. Thank god.