Chapter 18 Room Crasher

Chapter 18 

Jade slips from my grasp, deflecting the blades before morphing as he heads for the fairy who tried to attack me. Before Jade can come into contact with the female fairy, Zhier grabs him by the back of his neck in midair before striding to where I am standing.

"Are you harmed?" He hands me Jade when he poses the question.

I respond by shaking my head and obediently taking the emerald beast from him, which is still emitting a low warning growl to the lovely fairy who attempted to attack me.

When I met Zhier's eyes, I noticed that he was trying to tell me something. Over the course of the days that I have been here, he has always warned me that I should be more aggressive when someone tries to harm me. That way, I won't look like an easy picking for the others.

With a nod, I turn to address the fairy. "Who are you, and why are you trying to harm the Seelie Prince's future consort?"It's the last thing I want to say, but it seems I have no choice if I want to make it more credible and convey the impression of power and confidence.

When I mention my role to her, the fae girl looks like she is about to burst from anger. "How dare you say such vulgar words for a human!" She takes a few steps towards me, but pauses when she hears Jade's snarl. "I am one of the high council's daughter, Fera Viore. I am the appointed and chosen future queen of the seelie realm."

Before turning to check on Zhier, who appears to be weary, before I look at her thick, frown-filled expression. "Uhh...no offense, but I don't think that Zhier chose you."
"Indeed." To my surprise, Zhier is quick to agree. "My mother made the decision. I never decided it. In fact, I am strongly in disagreement with it." He flatly says.

Geez, Zhier could have held back a little. He's seriously going to injure a young lady's heart at this point.

I lean a little closer to him. "You could have omitted the last part."

"What for?" Zhier whispers back. "And why are we whispering?"

In response to his question, I shrug.

"Prince, this is unacceptable!" Fera's yell brings our attention back to her. Despite her bluish complexion, her cheeks are getting darker from anger. "You can't have a human for your future queen."

"Why can't I?" Xhier crosses his arms stubbornly. "I am a prince, and I can do whatever I want."
I look at him. "Sometimes, you don't act like a seelie prince, but rather an unseelie one."

Zhier returns my gaze. "I assure you that I am seelie enough that I allow you to stand at my side." He crosses his arms and scoffs.

"Should I bow and be humble at your generous offer?"

"It would seem like you are finally learning the proper etiquette in addressing me. But since I have gotten used to your barbaric personality, I would like to ask you to refrain from doing it as it might make me think that you are sick in the head. It does not suit you. Anyway, where did you learn about etiquette?"

"Aside from human movies and common sense? Books." I smirk proudly as I boasted a little on my progress with my study. "Unlike you, I take the time to read and research for myself."

"Cute, but it seems like you have not found anything useful for your case."

"That's not true. I—"
"Hey, are you two purposely ignoring me?! I AM STILL HERE!" Fera stomps her foot and screams impatiently like a spoiled child.

I'm never a fan of kids, especially spoiled brats, which is probably the reason why I am able to give this entitled fairy lady a deadpan look.

"You're still here?" Zhier and I says at the same time, sharing a look while addressing her.