EP 2: My characters and me

Ok, before we start, disclaimer: I'm not crazy, just slightly eccentric.

Umm so does anyone else write a book and become so invested in it that it's almost as if you've watched a movie play out in your head? Like, for me, writing a fictional story is like firstly watching it set out like a movie in my head and then pretty much transcribing it. 

 I can vividly imagine the characters interacting and the scenes playing out as if I was watching it on a television screen. Its almost as if I'm involuntarily imagining the story instead of actually creating it. Is that weird? Am I the only one? 

Perhaps this is why I reread some of the dialogue in my stories like, "This sounds like its from a movie ngl." 

And like, sometimes I'll just be walking through the shop and see a doll or something that looks similar to one of my characters and be like, "Ya know what? Imma get this doll because it looks like {character name}" 

Like, for example, with my book "Joons" I was never super interested in scifi alien merch until I started writing the book and now sometimes if I see an alien themed shirt or smth I feel tempted to buy it - only because I have a book with the same theme. 

It's kinda like getting merch from your favourite movie or something. 

Idk its kind of like I have created a relationship with my own fictional characters, and before you start saying 'hehe thats weird', just remember yall probably simp for several fictional characters in movies. Like me - with Legolas. 

So yeah, whats your experience with this? How do you create your stories? Is it more imaginative (like, watching the characters as if they were in a movie) or is it more structured, as if you were writing an essay? >

My stories in my head be like:

(This was edited by me of course which explains the top tier quality-)