A Look Into The Future

I hate paper . . . Parchmentwork.

I'm in my office, reading the report from the People Security and Support, or the PSS for short, It's a thing I have implemented in this Kingdom. It worked a bit similarly to the police from the modern era I guess. Different from the knights, they only consist of Militiamen/Peasants that were recruited or themselves apply to the job, they get paid if they did well in their job. The PSS works in crime prevention, crime detection, maintaining public safety, retrieving stolen goods, pest removal, and even helping facility construction. It has some flaws in it, but it's sufficient for now.

My office is packed with a wide desk with 8 drawers, 4 on each side, with the addition of a chair, which I'm sitting on it right now. They're all made out of wood.

Behind me, there's a painting of me hanging on the wall, standing proudly while wearing my armor.

On the left side of the room is a quite large window for me to easily see the houses where my people live

On the left side of the room is a quite large window for me to easily see the houses where my people live. The door of this room is small, only allowing one person to go through at a time.

Knock knock

"Who is it?" Mordred inquired the person behind the door.

"It is me, your majesty, I brought the report from the Administrative in Eastland." The person behind the door answered.

"Ah, it's you, come in." The person opens the door and walks inside.

The person that walked inside is a robust man in full white-clad armor, with long purplish black hair.

"Here is the report." The man handed the piece of parchment paper to Mordred.

"Thanks for delivering the report. By the way, you really need to shorten your hair, Sir Lancelot, or I must say, Duke Lancelot of Logres, you would look cooler like your younger self."

"I will consider it, but if your majesty really wants me to cut my hair, I will ask a barber to do it."

"Whatever you say then, and stop using too much of the word majesty, you're being too formal right now. How's Guinevere doing in the Convent? She's fine?" Mordred asked Lancelot while reading the report.

"The nuns said that she is better than when she first came there."

"And she still doesn't want to meet you?"

"No, she does not. . ." Lancelot furrowed his brow a little bit.

"Sucks to be you, I guess." Mordred said to him while reading the report, grinning.

"..." Lancelot doesn't appreciate that.

The eastern region, which is called, for simplicity's sake, Eastland, is having a defense and security problem due to the invading Saxons and Vikings Raider. Some of them are even infiltrating the administrative palace and trying to bribe my officials for letting them in. I would need to take care of this problem before getting it out of hand.