Ch. 2: The Gathering

"...huh? Where... am I?"

The kid from where Caster was summoned woke up in an unfamiliar bed in someone's house.

Someone opened the door of the room, which prompted the kid to cover himself with a blanket.

The person who opened the door was none other than Anna. She's wearing blue pajamas. She entered the room and saw that the kid she had saved had woken up.

"Ah, hello there." She greeted the boy, showing a smile on her face.

"Um... hello..." The kid answered, still feeling scared and wary of Anna.

"Oh, you don't need to be scared, I'm... not someone you need to be scared of, I just want to help." Anna, move closer to bed. She opened her arm wide, in the kid slowly close to her and hugged her. "It's okay... you're safe now..." She stroked the kid's head gently, like how a mother would do to their children.

The kid sobbed on her shoulders, traumatized by what had previously happened.

Mordred watches the scene from the doorway.

================

Anna and Mordred are at the dining table, discussing what to do next.

"So... Master, do you have any plan for the Holy Grail War?"

"Our plan..." She said while looking and playing with her hands. She then looked at Mordred. " Our plan is simple. We will just go with the flow of the event."

"So basically, you're just going to be a coward and not make any move."

"It's not like that, y'know? Did you forget that I can see some scenes from the future? If I see what kind of event and action the other Master will do, we could prepare for it." Anna thought of something. "Or... are you still angry because you didn't fight with Caster? "

"It's fine... at least we saved the kid. So the plan is just going with the flow, but what about the kid we saved earlier that night?" Mordred glances at the room where the kid is resting.

"The kid?" She turned her head toward the room.

"What will you do with the kid? Are you just gonna make him stay here?"

"Hm..."

"What about the Orphanage? Why don't we just put him there?"

"That isn't a..." Anna paused to finish the sentence when her face suddenly darkened. "No, we aren't going to put him in the orphanage. "

"Huh, why?"

"It's for the kid's safety. "

"...Do you know what kind of Bullsh*t you're saying."

"I'm not. He's safer with us than in the orphanage. "

"That should be the complete opposite! " Mordred put her right hand on the table hard. Making a loud noise heard to the whole house. "The kid is going to be in danger if we let him stay with us!"

"No, you just don't understand! If we let him stay at us, he will be defended by us."

"Defended from who? Robbers? Predators? He would also be protected in the orphanage. If we let him stay here, what if an enemy Master came here and attacked this so-called base of yours? I might able to defend one person pretty well, but the kid could be taken hostage, and they will be in grave danger!" Mordred grabbed Anna's left hand with her right hand and raised it. "Will you be responsible for anything that will happen with the kid?"

"I... I... Please... just trust me on this one. I promise that I will try to protect the kid from any harm."

"Me and you have a reason to enter the Holy Grail War. You're my Master, and I'm your servant, so I will follow you to win the war. But, as a Knight, I can't allow... A kid, to be in danger just because we want to win a war."