Ch. 8: Amusement Park

Mordred and Waver had made a plan to fulfill their day.

A plan that no Master in this war has thought of.

This plan doesn't hurt the other war participants but just boosts the morale of Mordred's and Waver's teams.

Their plan is simple:

...Going to the Amusement District.

"Say, what brings you to wanting to go town?" Rider said as they were strolling on foot.

"Nothing, just want a change of scenery," Waver answers Rider.

"Yeah, I also want to get some fresh air and see what the town is like," Mordred replied.

"Mordred, do you want to try the amusement park? You must like it very much." Anna offers.

"Heck yeah! I'm so bored always inside the house and there's only that supermarket to be visited, too!" Mordred excitedly answered.

Anna turns her head towards Waver, asking the man who accompanies them permission.

"...Fine, it shouldn't take all the time, right?." He answers.

Anna jumps a little and has a really big smile right now. "Yay!" Mordred also grins and has a big smile right now. They look like sisters hanging out and buying ice creams together.

"Well, what about you two? What are you guys going to do?" Anna asked Rider and Waver.

"I'm going to a Bookstore in the Amusement District, and about Rider, I'm going to let him go to the Arcade section in this Amusement District," Waver answered Anna.

"Welp, alright then!" Mordred is enthusiastic today. "Anna, I will guide you to the amusement Park!" Mordred offers and takes Anna's hand to their destination.

Mordred and Anna stride off happily together on their own journey.

Mordred turned her head and said goodbye to the two. Anna also looks in Rider and Waver's direction and bids their farewell to them. Mordred and Anna stride away excitedly with all the joy of youth.

"......."

"Those two are really something, aren't they?." Rider said as he stared at the direction those two disappear into.

Waver is just silently smiling and has an endearing look.

"Yeah." He quietly whispered.

...

_________________________________________

Mordred POV

After enjoying all the attractions in the Amusement District Park with Anna, I still remember one of the talks that we both had before.

_____________________Flashback, a few days ago________

Anna and I talk in my private quarters... She's asking about the War.

Anna looks really anxious hearing the answer here, she just bites her lips and doesn't even talk back after what I said...

"Say... Master, after the grail is achieved, what do you plan to do?" I ask Anna.

Anna looked at me with a surprised and puzzled expression.

"Huh? After the Grail is achieved?" Anna said confused.

"Yeah, After the War. What will you do? Are you planning to live a normal life again? Or are you planning to seek something else?" I ask her again

"Living a normal life again..." She seems to contemplate something but finally answers.