The Bridge of a Wish

To Bell's shock, he felt the hostile gaze of several adventures. His body stiffened.

"Ais? D-did you happen to bring your sword?"

"No, do you have your knives?"

Bell shook his head.

Four prums, known as the Bringar, and four high level 4 adventurers from the Freya familia appeared in front of their path. The Bringar were high level 5 adventures but working collectively they were just as strong as any level 6 adventurer. All together the group represented a serious threat to the virtually defenseless Bell and Ais, neither of which specialized in unarmed combat.

The prums spoke in unison, "Our goddess is most displeased. You mock her. You disgrace her. You have the gall to seek the affection of the Sword Princess merely one day after you reject Lady Freya's warm embrace!"

"You'll pay for your ego Rabbit Foot! To think that you'd prefer the Sword Princess over the most beautiful being in Gekai."

Their intent was clear, they weren't going to hold back, and they didn't seem to care for the consequences from the guild.

They were at a serious disadvantage without their weapons or armor, neither had been expecting an attack before the war game started. They had underestimated the burning jealousy of a certain goddess of beauty.

"Miss Ais...do you trust me?"

"Yes." 

She answered without doubt, little did the assailants know, but they had confirmed the truth in the boy's story to her, he had indeed rejected the goddess of beauty.

"Firebolt!!"

In the blink of an eye, Bell conjured 8 fire blasts in rapid succession, he successfully aimed one fire blast at each of the attackers.

He didn't want to be separated from his date, and there was no time for coordination, so in one fluid motion, he swept the Sword Princess off her feet and carried her away in the opposite direction of the impact of his magic. The magic was only a distraction but it gave them a chance to get a clean head start. The white rabbit ran at full speed with uncanny precision and control of his movements, he used the city terrain to his full advantage, bobbing and weaving through alleyways to throw off his assailants. He was a first-tier adventurer and the very definition of a master escape-artist, a credit to his title, Rabbit Foot.

Ais's stomach lurched in surprise as she was swept off her feet. It was the first time since her childhood that she had been carried like this, it reminded her of a happier time in her father's arms. The white rabbit held her unusually light, slender, body firmly, safely, and closely as he sped his way through the city.

It was an unusual, perhaps awkward, experience for the Sword Princess, to say the least. But it reminded her of her more innocent self, the little girl who wanted someone to come to her rescue. She intently watched the face of her rubellite-eyed white-haired rabbit. Her heart-rate accelerated in thrill, her heart was fluttering, heat beginning in her face began to spread and radiate through her body.

He is so fast! Even since we have met, he has matured so much...I didn't have to take up my sword...

Face flushed pink, the princess quickly wrapped her arms around the neck of the boy who held her so tightly. She pressed her soft chest as close as she could to his chest, clinging to him very tightly. She could feel his heart accelerate in response, she stared at his face, it was beet red but he was smiling, he glanced down at her. As the gold and rubellite eyes met, her stomach nearly jumped out of her chest. Their warmth and energy intertwined.