Epilogue

The white-haired boy passed through the gate of Hearthstone Manor, his back was burning white-hot as he went over and over what had transpired that day. His heart was filled to overflowing with his feelings for the one he loved. It was almost like he was wandering in a dream and that he very well could be the luckiest man on earth, he was on cloud-nine. He couldn't help but feel like his chances of her accepting his full confession had increased exponentially. He just needed to get through the war first, so he didn't become Freya's possession, allowing him to always be with the girl that truly held his heart and soul.

He entered the door of the manor, and to his great surprise, goddess Hestia was there waiting for him.

Uh-oh! Oh crap!

To Bell's amazement, she spoke in a strangely calm manor, "Where were you, Bell? I heard you come in just a while ago...I also heard an interesting rumor today."

Sweat began to form on Bell's brow. Hestia was hiding her divine anger, but it was beginning to spill through the cracks as she exerted every effort to stay calm.

"Aahh-uumm...you know...just out for nice evening stroll to get some exercise."

"Bell," her face was scrunched as if she was trying to keep it from exploding, "how MANY times do I HAVE to tell you that you can't lie to a GODDESS!"

"I-I'm s-sorry...I was there with her and her eeeyes are so pretty—and I-uh wanted to make up to her about—err...some stuff so I asked her to go to dinner—"

"UNBELIEVABLE! So, it's true! You really did go on a date with Miss Wallen-floozy...Bell do you have any idea how this looks!? How some of us might feel!?"

"Floozy?? Hey, th-that's not true!...W-what?"

"Sometimes I REALLY wonder about you!! Think about it! One minute your off on a date with Syr then the next day you're in the clutches of that crazy goddess! And now, the day after the charm was released you were spotted by practically half of the city with Miss Wallen-whosit! Oh wonder so many think you are womanizer!! If I didn't know better, I would think the same thing myself!"

"...H-half the town? Womanizer!! I would do no such thing!"

"Bell, I have been out all-night cleaning up this mess, TRYING to keep our reputation intact for the alliance!"

"I-I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. How about if I take you on a date to fancy restaurant?"

"Another date?! That is your solution to this mess!" roared Hestia, but she thought for moment and her anger evaporated, "Hmmm, very well, I accept! But it has to be two dates, and just the two of us of course. We'll go after the war. And no more dates with Wallen-whosit at least until you have gone on our dates and you have to tell her how much you're going to enjoy it!...And how much you love me!"

"A-alright, I accept!"

"You will?"

"Yes, I look forward to our date...goddess may I get a status update now?"

"Oh, very well—but hurry up, it's very late already. What are you smiling about?"

He didn't answer, he couldn't tell a lie to her of course. He was thinking how lucky it had been that he already talked to Ais about maybe having to go on a date with Hestia and about how he truly felt about Hestia. He believed he had just got the bargain of a lifetime all things considered, since he would be able to go a date again with Ais after he had finished his dates with goddess Hestia.

Bell Cranel

Level 5:

Strength I0 → H123